No announcement yet.

Need real MMA fans Opinions!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
    I mistyped, I meant to say that they pay their fighters **** in favor of corporate profits.

Or you think they get paid ok?
    So they ARE a monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
      So they ARE a monopoly.
      They're not a monopoly. Anyone willing to invest some money right now can put up a rival league. They do have a number of the world's best fighters under contract, but as long as they're not blocking other people from entering the game, they're not doing anything wrong. If they were a true monopoly, Pro Elite and Bodog wouldn't exist...

It's risky to try to start-up because of exposure, etc. - but these two both have national TV deals...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Bologna View Post
        I'm an artificial (because I take ass-steriods) MMA fan and I think you SUCK!
        BPP,

Ban.

This.

Fool.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
          They're not a monopoly. Anyone willing to invest some money right now can put up a rival league. They do have a number of the world's best fighters under contract, but as long as they're not blocking other people from entering the game, they're not doing anything wrong. If they were a true monopoly, Pro Elite and Bodog wouldn't exist...

It's risky to try to start-up because of exposure, etc. - but these two both have national TV deals...
          For now they exist, but I wouldn't put it passed Zuffa to conduct a hostile take-over in the future.

Comment

For now they exist, but I wouldn't put it passed Zuffa to conduct a hostile take-over in the future.
            Yeah lets hope not, the way they disolved pride was pretty ****ed

Comment

How exactly could they do a hostile takeover of private companies? Here is what has happened that let Zuffa do a "hostile takeover". Pride, WEC, and WFA all were hemmoraging money out their anus and the owners and investors wanted to sell. Here comes Zuffa with train carloads of cash and buys the company. It's pretty simple. If EliteXC and Bodog are making money off of their ventures in MMA, then they will have no need to sell. I'm pretty sure regardless of how bad BodogMMA is doing, Bodog won't be hurting for money anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Harms View Post
                How exactly could they do a hostile takeover of private companies? Here is what has happened that let Zuffa do a "hostile takeover". Pride, WEC, and WFA all were hemmoraging money out their anus and the owners and investors wanted to sell. Here comes Zuffa with train carloads of cash and buys the company. It's pretty simple. If EliteXC and Bodog are making money off of their ventures in MMA, then they will have no need to sell. I'm pretty sure regardless of how bad BodogMMA is doing, Bodog won't be hurting for money anytime soon.

Hostile takeover= when one party buys up over half of a company's stock.

This could happen if any org. got into financial trouble.

Comment

Hostile takeover= when one party buys up over half of a company's stock.

This could happen if any org. got into financial trouble.
                  Your exactly right, but since EliteXC, K-1, and Bodog are private companies and not publically traded, it would be hard to buy up over half of a companies stock that doesn't exist. The only way Zuffa could takeover these companies are if said companies want to sell. Which is what I asked how will they do a hostile takeover of private company.

Comment

Originally posted by Harms View Post
                    Your exactly right, but since EliteXC, K-1, and Bodog are private companies and not publically traded, it would be hard to buy up over half of a companies stock that doesn't exist. The only way Zuffa could takeover these companies are if said companies want to sell. Which is what I asked how will they do a hostile takeover of private company.
                    Ah my bad,

I wasn't saying it was likely, but I guess ur right that the company's would have to sell for it to go down.

I wonder if the several major orgs are going to start buying up all the small ones, with EliteXC purchasing CR and Dreamworks, following the UFC purchase of Pride and WEC.

Comment

Ah my bad,

I wasn't saying it was likely, but I guess ur right that the company's would have to sell for it to go down.

I wonder if the several major orgs are going to start buying up all the small ones, with EliteXC purchasing CR and Dreamworks, following the UFC purchase of Pride and WEC.
                      I've enjoyed the EliteXC events. The next one looks good too. The last Cage Rage wasn't bad. EliteXC seems to be trying to compete.

Comment

Working...
                      X