Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To anyone who's new to mma..here , watch this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone who's new to mma..here , watch this...

A little background on UFC's new fighters (Crocop & Jackson.)

Like Anderson Silva..(All three used to fight in Japan.)
    All three also used to fight under the best mma divisions.

quinton "rampage" jackson
    Jackson used to be a top 5 Pride LHW...
    Pride currently owns lhw fighters such as Shogun , Nakamura , Arona , Wanderlei , Rogerio. (without bull****ing anyone...Most of these guys would actually have a legit and solid chance vs Chuck Liddell.)
    Here's a highlight of Rampage jackson.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmmJUI-WU8M

Jackson's specialty is the slam.
    He's a very good wrestler. He's no striker , but knows basics in boxing and has a solid defense and is accurate enough to cause troubles to most opponents.
    He's got a solid Sub defense too.

-------------------------------------------

Mirko "crocop" Filipovic
    another ex pride fc fighter. He used to be ranked at the #2 spot in pride's HW division.
    In other words , He's mma's current top #2.
    Pride's HW division happens to be the best in mma too.
    They actually still own mma's #1 HW (goat and future legend of this sport).

Here's a highlight..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAEmlqc39g
    You can also see clips of his last fights in Pride on this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9jF5Sq4TJw

Mirko Has the best sprawl in mma.
    Has tremendous KO power with His kicks.
    He's very fast (especially for a hw).
    accurate , trains with Fabricio Werdum (cream of the crop in bjj)...
    Has solid submission defense , wrestling technic and also happens to be a top kickboxing veteran.

The UFC did a terrible job with his promotion but I guess they wren't allowed to show any more pride fc footages and only had the permission to use a few seconds...

rampage has great striking, great clinch fighting, and extremely strong takedowns/wrestling, and the hardest Ground and Pound in the bussiness!

his downsides are subs, cant fighting the clinch, and his cardio isnt the best!

cro-cop is the best striker in the heavy-weight division, knock out power with both arms/legs, the best sprawl, good wreslting and good submissions! he`s great on the ground too ( nothing special thou, watch his fight aganist fedor)

his downsides are: he has a questionable chin, and open to some submissions (which i dont think he is anymore), and hes 220 pounds fighting aganist 240-265, and his cardio isnt the best!

both are in the top of the food chain and world class guys!

Comment

Rampage is no striker? I disagree. He has the fundamental boxing skills 90% of mmaers lack. I think his skills standing up are towards the top of the ranks. He doesn't do anything fancy, keeps his composure, uses a jab, and hell even in a long stand up fight he could possibly sneak in a ko of liddell. Believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by outofit View Post
        Rampage is no striker? I disagree. He has the fundamental boxing skills 90% of mmaers lack. I think his skills standing up are towards the top of the ranks. He doesn't do anything fancy, keeps his composure, uses a jab, and hell even in a long stand up fight he could possibly sneak in a ko of liddell. Believe it.
        i agree 100% he needs to work on his clinch....he was getting tagged aganist beastmen in the clinch

Comment

yeah i expected a knee because eastman kept ducking his head but rampage just waited to uppercut him out of there. That was basically a boxing match right there. A guy with good fundamental skills vs. a guy who thinks he can box but just throws heavy hooks and relies on muscling a ko rather than actually setting one up. (minus those long range elbows, that was kinda crazy that one he landed.)

Comment

those elbows werent going to hurt rampage...they were more of show than anything else! rampage needs to stop trying to go for that thai clinch...somoene such as wand or lidell would rock him with hooks...on beastman/rampage "nothing like some black on black crime "

Comment

Working...
            X