Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Crap. The real Aussies are back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why take Finn, Rankin and Tremlett and not play any of them on the quickest, bouncy wicket in Perth??? I cant get my head around this team selection.

Prior needs to be Dropped and Bairstow given his chance, Prior is just not performing.

My Team would be

Cook
    Root
    Bell
    KP
    Taylor
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Broad
    Swann
    Finn
    Anderson

Comment

Why take Finn, Rankin and Tremlett and not play any of them on the quickest, bouncy wicket in Perth??? I cant get my head around this team selection.

You are dead right, for the first time Flower has made some poor decisions. There was a legit case for picking both Finn and Tremlett for this one and ordering them to just fire it down at the Aussies from one end and using Bres and Broad to pick-up the wickets at the other end and feed off the pressure.

And as much as I like and respect Jimmy A, this was the match and the pitch to rest him and just go for broke with a battery of big quicks who can get the ball to kick-up and bowl at 85mph plus.

Now Broad is apparently injured and that's properly bad news both for our bowling attack and ability to scavenge some much-needed runs.

Comment

3-0 to a so-so Australia outfit, they've got The Ashes back and if we don't start fighting out there then it will be a 5-0 and the type of flogging we used to get in the bad old days. Very depressing.

Only bright spot was young Stokes who really showed the kind of technique, mental hardness and fight his more illustrious senior colleagues seem to have lost. Good job Stokes....at least you are fit to wear the cap.

My mate Rob is down there and apparently the mood amongst the fans is not good and some of the 'celeb' England players are in danger of getting the finger unless they start performing.

Comment

Working...
        X