X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vegeta View Post
    Newcastle are now the jokers.
    Everything related to the club is a ****ing shambles, look at the sponser ffs.

Comment

• Its easy to get carried away and blame Ashley and Wise but the bottom line is that Keegan must have signed a contract with stipulations otherwise he would sue on the grounds of constructive dismissal rather resigning.

I'm sure that Keegan thought that things would be the way they were ten years ago but football has changed and if a billionaire buys a club these days then you expect them to have an active role.

There is obviously more to it but Keegan surely entered the arrangement with his eyes open?

Also if he was so against Wise coming in then why has he waited this long to make a fuss and resign??? Wise cannot be blamed as he is just doing a job he was contracted to do.

I can understand the Newcastle fans being upset but Keegan has a history of walking when things do not go his way, wouldn't it have been fairer to the Geordies for him to at least see out the season rather than walking away and leaving club in turmoil?

Yes Ashley has handled things badly but Keegan has not helped the situation by playing out the pantomime and stirring up the drama. Remember he resigned and was not sacked in the end so........whilst we can feel sorry for his situation its not as if he was on the front line of Afghanistan or something, he was being paid 3 million to coach a team!

Comment

• Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
        Its easy to get carried away and blame Ashley and Wise but the bottom line is that Keegan must have signed a contract with stipulations otherwise he would sue on the grounds of constructive dismissal rather resigning.

I'm sure that Keegan thought that things would be the way they were ten years ago but football has changed and if a billionaire buys a club these days then you expect them to have an active role.

There is obviously more to it but Keegan surely entered the arrangement with his eyes open?

Also if he was so against Wise coming in then why has he waited this long to make a fuss and resign??? Wise cannot be blamed as he is just doing a job he was contracted to do.

I can understand the Newcastle fans being upset but Keegan has a history of walking when things do not go his way, wouldn't it have been fairer to the Geordies for him to at least see out the season rather than walking away and leaving club in turmoil?

Yes Ashley has handled things badly but Keegan has not helped the situation by playing out the pantomime and stirring up the drama. Remember he resigned and was not sacked in the end so........whilst we can feel sorry for his situation its not as if he was on the front line of Afghanistan or something, he was being paid 3 million to coach a team!
        Of course, I totally agree he's no martyr. Truth be known I don't even like the ****, but I do feel sorry for him. He made noises that he was unhappy about Wise being brought in, I think he tried to stick it out as long as he has for the sake of the fans.

Thats the thing about people like Keegan, you can call him what you want but you can't deny his loyalty to the fans. He loves the club and was obviously willing to put his all into it. IMO he's not the greatest manager, he is however a good character and whether or not it's nostalgia for the nineties but I was glad to see him back in the prem. He's a dying breed and it would be sad to see all English managers pushed from the premiership because of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
          Its easy to get carried away and blame Ashley and Wise but the bottom line is that Keegan must have signed a contract with stipulations otherwise he would sue on the grounds of constructive dismissal rather resigning.

I agree with every word. I think the fans just want someone to blame and they can't blame Keegan, because he is their hero. He's not mine and I don't agree with the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
            Of course, I totally agree he's no martyr. Truth be known I don't even like the ****, but I do feel sorry for him. He made noises that he was unhappy about Wise being brought in, I think he tried to stick it out as long as he has for the sake of the fans.

Thats the thing about people like Keegan, you can call him what you want but you can't deny his loyalty to the fans. He loves the club and was obviously willing to put his all into it. IMO he's not the greatest manager, he is however a good character and whether or not it's nostalgia for the nineties but I was glad to see him back in the prem. He's a dying breed and it would be sad to see all English managers pushed from the premiership because of money.
            We are going to see a lot more of this happening in the future. The way things are now, with every player who once scored a 2 yard tap in worth 20+ million and billionaires using the premier league as a real life game of Football Manager, it's just going to get sillier. It happened to Jol at Spurs, Curbs and now KK. With a couple of exceptions, namely Ferguson and Wenger, managers have very little say in the running of top flight club these days. Imagine Cloughie putting up with that kind of interference? He'd be starting a new job every Monday morning!!

Comment

• Latics, top of the league!

Comment

• I had a dream last night, about Emmanuel Eboue joining Newcastle.

Comment

• How thrilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splinterccfc View Post
                    How thrilling.
                    Nah, It would of been if it was Fabregas.

Comment

• Fabregas is a ****

Comment

Working...
                      X