This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Celtic_Warrior View Post
    Good to see the lads bounce back, wasn't sure about Kev coming back but he's turned it around.

Good to see Owen firing again as well.

Obviously I no longer live in Newcastle and dont get to the games any longer so can anyone tell me if Owen is still anywhere near as quick as he once was, I met a squaddie a while ago who told me that Owen had lost his pace?

He still looks quick on the TV?
    hard to tell as he is playing as a third striker behind the two front men, but in the box he still beats any defender to the ball, his midfield link up role has give him something diffrent to his game, he is at lot more skillfull than people give him credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
      hard to tell as he is playing as a third striker behind the two front men, but in the box he still beats any defender to the ball, his midfield link up role has give him something diffrent to his game, he is at lot more skillfull than people give him credit for.
      I think knowledgeable fans know how good a player Michael Owen is I mean to score 40 goals at international level says enough for me.

He has always had a great first touch and can run with the ball ala Argentina but he was obviously more dangerous with that extra yard or two of pace.

Still an excellent player but without the injuries I feel he would have been one of the greats.

Comment

• Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
        I think knowledgeable fans know how good a player Michael Owen is I mean to score 40 goals at international level says enough for me.

He has always had a great first touch and can run with the ball ala Argentina but he was obviously more dangerous with that extra yard or two of pace.

Still an excellent player but without the injuries I feel he would have been one of the greats.
        yeh no doubt about it in my mind. im still pretty sure that is he avoids injury he can still be a pretty top player for the next couple of years or so.

how do yas see the newcastle match going lads? think its a late kick off.

i think we'll win 2 nil.

Comment

• I was at the Reading game last season whne owen first returned after his injury and he did look like he lost some pace, It shouldn't matter tho because he is a expert at finding space and the slight loss of pace won't affect him!! look how well shearer continued to do after he lost a yard after his knee injury!

Comment

• James Milner, one of our player's of the season is back in ful training and may just make the bench for the hated Mackems this Sunday, which is live on Sky Sports.

Comment

• Premier League - Given out for the season

Premier League - Given out for the season

Eurosport - Tue, 15 Apr 14:51:00 2008

Shay Given is unlikely to play again this season, according to Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan.

The 31-year-old goalkeeper is recovering well from a groin operation, but Keegan will err on the side of caution whatever happens.

"I think he'll be fit by the end of the season, and he'll train with us for maybe the last week or 10 days, but there's no sense for him to play a match," he said.

"He just needs to know by the end of the season that he's fit, ready to go away and come back fit for pre-season with all his problems behind him. I think that, for him, will be a massive relief."

United's next two games are against Sunderland and West Ham - two clubs with significance for the Republic of Ireland international.

Given had a loan spell with Sunderland, and it was a 2006 challenge with West Ham's Marlon Harewood that left him with a perforated bowel - a condition which has contributed to his groin problems.

Meanwhile, Steve Harper continues to perform well as his understudy, and Given will likely face stiff competition for his place when he returns to action.

Comment

• OWEN!!!!!!!

Just 3 minutes in.

Comment

• I must say, newcastles defence is very good these days.

Comment

• Steven Taylor = The best young central defender in England!!

Comment

• KEANO HE WANKS HIS DOG KEANO, HE WANKS HIS DOG KEANO!

Sunderland just scored a own goal, but it was disallowed, **** knows why.

Comment

Working...
                      X