This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
    Newcastle linked with Sevilla’s 27-year-old striker Luis Fabiano, a very quick and strong player.
    Newcastle sack chief scout Steve Walsh, and replace him with a top European, with the task of combing Spain etc.
    I just read that he is not for sale and any team that wants him will have to pay £46million buy-out clause. With Real Madrid and Barcelona sniffing around him as well, I doubt we have any chance of snatching him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
      I just read that he is not for sale and any team that wants him will have to pay £46million buy-out clause. With Real Madrid and Barcelona sniffing around him as well, I doubt we have any chance of snatching him up.
      The problem you will have is that none of the top players will join a club that is unstable form wise and is not in Europe unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
        The problem you will have is that none of the top players will join a club that is unstable form wise and is not in Europe unfortunately.
        The only way around that is if Keegan can sell his vision for the club, and of course pay them £110,000 per week like goal shy Owen.

Comment

• Keegan: Focus On The Future

15/03/2008 16:08
          Keegan: Focus On The Future
          Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan has told his players to focus on the future, not dwell on the past, if they want to avoid relegation this season.

Kevin Keegan has yet to experience a Newcastle victory since he returned to St James' Park as manager, but although the Magpies have been a bit unlucky at times in the last few games, he wants his squad to focus fully on taking as many points as possible from their remaining fixtures this season.

Keegan said: "You have to get to a point when you say, 'Don't look back - let's look at nine games left'.

"There is Birmingham and Fulham, we have got Reading and Sunderland to come here and we know we have got to go to Spurs and Portsmouth. We have got Chelsea to come here as well.

"They are the games to focus on. The ones that have gone, disappointing as they have been, are confined to history now.

"We can only affect what is coming."

Typically positive, Keegan still believes that just one victory could be enough to turn the tide and dispel the gloom surrounding the club.

"If you get a win, you get a smile on the players' faces when they come in, and not this feeling of 'Oh, not again' and of them feeling sorry for themselves.

"Results make football clubs. You win a game and everything is okay.

"You build them up after losing, sometimes unluckily, but it is pretty tough on them."

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

Comment

• Chelsea and Liverpool done us a big favour, Arsenal didn't, But I have a good feeling about the Birmingham game, Reading are no push overs but I think we should get 9 to 10 points from the last few games, 38 points this season could well be enough.

Paper talk today was Keegan was to move up stairs and Dennis Wise was to take over, this I can't see happening although this is what I said would happen several weeks ago Wise to stab Kev in the back now I don't think this is the case, I think the Leeds job was getting to much for Wise so I don't think he could take the extra pressure Newcastle would bring, Keegan seems to be the only one thats not feeling the pressure I know I am.

Comment

• sad state of affairs down in Tyne land

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                Chelsea and Liverpool done us a big favour, Arsenal didn't, But I have a good feeling about the Birmingham game, Reading are no push overs but I think we should get 9 to 10 points from the last few games, 38 points this season could well be enough.

Paper talk today was Keegan was to move up stairs and Dennis Wise was to take over, this I can't see happening although this is what I said would happen several weeks ago Wise to stab Kev in the back now I don't think this is the case, I think the Leeds job was getting to much for Wise so I don't think he could take the extra pressure Newcastle would bring, Keegan seems to be the only one thats not feeling the pressure I know I am.
                All that matters is staying up this season and it's an easy task. The teams around us are doing **** too and Derby and Fulham are definitely going down, so that just leaves 1 spot. We will beat Birmingham and Fulham, I'm very confident about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by J90 View Post
                  how are these punks spoon fed?
                  They start squealing like women when things don't go their way and always want things to go their way! In the Old School days the players played the game like it was supposed to be played. They'd play anywhere, anytime and just get on with it. All the new school players are SNAP's = Sensitive New Age Pricks! And metrosexuals who just wanna look pretty for the cameras when they score.

The Old School players could play in any era. Not the new plastic variety on show today!

Comment

• Half-time and it's 1-0 Birmingham, this is taking the piss. Newcastle have have had all of the possession, but no shots on targets and only 3 off target. Martins, Owen and Viduka are all on the pitch, wtf!?

Comment

• Full time:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9...ityfcloqh5.pngvs. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6...nitedfcaf5.png

St. Andrews
                      Monday, 17 March 2008
                      Barclays Premier League
                      Kick-off: 20:00 GMT

Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle

GOALS! McFadden (33), Owen (56)
                      Last edited by Flab; 03-17-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X