Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good start for us. Sorry Tuggers, we had to lay the smackdown on Wigan.

Comment

• Back from the match today and although we lost i'm quite upbeat. When Arsenal scored early I thought it could become a rout, but we did well and could have even snatched a point.

Just gotta say, Arsenal fans are perhaps the worst fans ever. No singing and too much photo taking; its a football match and not a tourist attraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monk View Post
        Back from the match today and although we lost i'm quite upbeat. When Arsenal scored early I thought it could become a rout, but we did well and could have even snatched a point.

Just gotta say, Arsenal fans are perhaps the worst fans ever. No singing and too much photo taking; its a football match and not a tourist attraction.
        I was impressed by West Brom but not entirely surpised. I have watched a fair bit of the side under Tony Mowbray and I'm also very familiar with the Hibs team which Mowbray managed. I think West Brom will stay up pretty comfortably and with Mowbray as manager they could surprise people in the Cup competitions or even challenging for a Europen place in the next few seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mozza View Post
          I was impressed by West Brom but not entirely surpised. I have watched a fair bit of the side under Tony Mowbray and I'm also very familiar with the Hibs team which Mowbray managed. I think West Brom will stay up pretty comfortably and with Mowbray as manager they could surprise people in the Cup competitions or even challenging for a Europen place in the next few seasons.
          I would really like to share your confidence Mozza but I still think it'll be very hard to stay up. Tony Mowbray definately likes his teams to play football and it has been a breath of fresh air the last couple of seasons the way our style has completely changed.

The problem is if we do well its going to be very hard to keep hold of him when other clubs come calling. I'm just going to enjoy the season and as you say, hopefully suprise a few people.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayjay View Post
            How did Plessis and Keane look?

I see they both started.
            They did OK but the whole team didn't really tick. Plessis will become a decent player perhaps in the Viera mold and Keane had one half chance which he did well with. Early days.

Comment

• Chelsea are looking very good
              Anelka should be getting plenty of goals this season, no excuses with supply from Ballack, Lampard and Deco in the same midfield

Comment

• Newcastle own Man Utd to only come out with a draw.

Comment

• I have to admit, i thought Gutiérrez looked the business today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    I have to admit, i thought Gutiérrez looked the business today.
                    He was. Man Utd **** themselves every time he got on the ball. They fouled him on the edge of the box on more than one occasion and we didn't get a free-kick.

Comment

• Newcastle played well yesterday. You should have come out with the win. United were ****. Gutiérrez looks amazing. Should be really good for you this season.

Comment

Working...
                      X