Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that spiderman **** like? Any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      What's that spiderman **** like? Any good?
      Only seen him two or three times.
      Gutierrez and Guthrie are both good signings, but not world betters.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
        Only seen him two or three times.
        Gutierrez and Guthrie are both good signings, but not world betters.
        We're signing Chimbonda, so **** you!

Comment

• Kaboul aint impressed with Sunderland LOL

tell Keano he can have Senderos he is good for 36 games a year just dont let Drogba loose on him

dont play him against the Chavs

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            We're signing Chimbonda, so **** you!
            I thought Sunderland were very close to signing Darren Bent, what happened?

Comment

• Has anyone got a picture of Danny Guthrie playing for Newcastle?

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                Has anyone got a picture of Danny Guthrie playing for Newcastle?
                his goal has been on Setanta news all week, try newcastle united's web site.

Chelsea sniffing around toon Keeper Tim Krul, be reports say he wants to stay at Newcastle, if you have seen him play you could see why Chelsea are interested he is very very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                  his goal has been on Setanta news all week, try newcastle united's web site.

Chelsea sniffing around toon Keeper Tim Krul, be reports say he wants to stay at Newcastle, if you have seen him play you could see why Chelsea are interested he is very very good.
                  Chelsea want to buy him a loan him out to Feyenoord. I don't see any reason why Newcastle can't do that. but we must keep him. He is the futures greatest goal keeper. He is like Buffon and Casillas merged into one player.

Comment

• "I don't want to quit St James's" - Krul

Published Date:
                    22 July 2008
                    By Miles Starforth
                    TIM Krul today distanced himself from speculation linking him with a move from Newcastle United.
                    And the goalkeeper – a target of Chelsea and Feyenoord – insists all he is focused on is impressing manager Kevin Keegan in pre-season.

Krul – who famously kept a clean sheet on his debut away to Palermo the season before last – had his year-long loan at Falkirk last season cut short by a dislocated shoulder.

However, the 20-year-old – who has three more years on his United contract – is now fully recovered, and hoping to feature in one or more of Newcastle's warm-up games.

"I've been training for two weeks, and it's been a good pre-season," Krul told the Gazette.

"It's good to be back at the club, of course, and hopefully I'll get a couple of minutes in the next couple of weeks.

"I hope I get a chance – that's what you're fighting for in pre-season. I want to prove myself to the new manager, so he can see what I can do.

"We got to Spain on the pre-season tour, so we take it from there."

Krul – at the International Stadium last night to see Newcastle's reserves draw 1-1 with Gateshead – was quoted in his native Holland last week on a proposed move to Eredivisie side Heerenveen.

Reports suggested a move to the Abe Lenstra Stadium was imminent, but the Den Haag-born player – keen to set the record straight – has denied making the comments.

He added: "There's been a lot of speculation, and I saw in a couple of papers it's already done, but it's just talk.

"There's always interest, but I need to get myself fit, prove myself and see what's happening.

"I can always happen. You never know what your future is. It can happen in one day, and it can happen in two or three years.

"But I love this club, and I've been here for three years. I love England, and especially Newcastle.

"Maybe in a couple of weeks, I can say more."

Krul made 26 appearances for Falkirk before being hit by injury in a cup tie, and while he missed a large chunk of the season, he believes regular first-team football has imrpoved him as a player.

"It makes you a better player," said Krul. "It doesn't matter where, you have to play games.

"First-team football, and especially the Scottish Premier League, is good. It was a really good standard for me on my first loan deal."

Krul – behind Shay Given and Steve Harper in the queue for first-team football at St James's Park – could be loaned out again this season.

Comment

• Mum tragedy stuns Newcastle star Martins

Mum tragedy stuns Newcastle star Martins

July 25, 2008 12:00am

NEWCASTLE United striker Obafemi Martins may miss the start of the Premier League season after the shocking sudden death of his mother.
                      Alhaja Monsurat Martins, 62, apparently died of shock trying to escape from a petrol tanker which caught fire near her home in Lagos, the capital of Nigeria.

The player flew back to Lagos as soon as he was told the news by relatives. Martins' brother, Biola, said Obafemi was close to his mother.

"He just wanted to get on the plane and find out for himself that our mother is truly no more," he said.

"He's still in shock and disbelief and feels terribly down. Oba always consulted her first in any decision to do with his career.

"Our mother stood by him when everyone else condemned his decision to dump school in pursuit of an unpredictable future in football.

"He once got himself into trouble for choosing to be with her at a time she was ill instead of playing in a friendly for Nigeria."

Martins, 23, will not be back in time to join Newcastle's training camp in Majorca next week, meaning he will not be ready for the opening match of the season.

Mrs Martins, 62, will be buried later today.

Comment

Working...
                      X