This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
    One big stadium and you think you’re the best in the league, one player gone to a bigger and better club and more to follow, rats deserting the sinking ship and the Capt will jump before he is pushed, yes Arsenal is the place to be.
    yeah yeah

if our ship is sinking what does that say for your shower of ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
      yeah yeah

if our ship is sinking what does that say for your shower of ****
      Why do Arsenal fans whistle on the toilet ??
      So they know which end to wipe.

Comment

• [QUOTE=RiZOOM;3463157]Club Honours
        Football League Champions
        1904-05; 1906-07; 1908-09; 1926-27

FA Premier League Runners-up
        1996; 1997

FA Cup Runners-up
        1905v Aston Villa, Crystal Palace
        1906v Everton, Crystal Palace
        1908v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace
        1911v Bradford City, Crystal Palace & Old Trafford
        1974v Liverpool, Wembley Stadium
        1998v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium
        1999v Manchester United, Wembley Stadium

Football League Cup Runners-Up
        1976 v Manchester City, Wembley Stadium

FA Charity Shield Runners-up
        1932, 1951, 1952, 1955, 1996

i wonder what these Trophys look like in the Newcastle Cabinet

http://www.laughtertherapy.com/bean_laughing_hb.gif

Comment

• A little like this.

http://www.bluekipper.com/assets/ima...nce/medals.jpg

Comment

• Keegan talks end split at Newcastle

Keegan talks end split at Newcastle

By Michael Walker
            Saturday, 10 May 2008

Kevin Keegan emerged from his meeting with the Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley yesterday still in a job. With tension increasing inside St James' Park this week, that was not guaranteed as Keegan made his way to London for an appointment with Ashley and four other members of the new hierarchy at Newcastle. One of them, chairman Chris Mort, described the meeting as "good, productive and constructive". It was held at Mort's legal office on Fleet Street.

On Tyneside all at the club will hope that they can now relax and work together. Newcastle were saying no more than that but it appears that both Keegan and Ashley received the reassurance both deemed necessary after an all too public divergence of opinion sparked by Keegan's comments after Monday's 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea.

Keegan's belief that the top of the Premier League is "boring" – as in predictable – cannot be contested by any logical reading of results for the past six seasons; but it was his remarks about finance and his relationship with Ashley that caused anger within the boardroom.

Given that Ashley only formally took over in June and that Keegan did not come in until January, there is room for mistakes and miscommunication.

Dennis Wise is another who has arrived at the club only recently and Keegan may well have sought clarification of Wise's remit and duties as director of football. Wise was at yesterday's meeting, as was Tony Jimenez, who along with Wise has a recruitment brief. The other man present was Derek Llambias, the newly appointed deputy chairman.

The successful outcome of the gathering means that Keegan will lead Newcastle to Everton tomorrow for the final game of the season. It is a game David Moyes' side need to take a point from to finish fifth, co-incidentally the placing that caused so much discussion this week due to Keegan's belief that getting any higher was impossible for Newcastle during the length of Keegan's three and a half year contract. Yesterday Steve Coppell and Harry Redknapp became the latest managers to agree with Keegan. Martin O'Neill did so earlier in the week.

"Part of my job as manager of Newcastle is to tell the fans what is happening at their club," Keegan said before yesterday's meeting. "I will continue to do what I have always done while I have been manager of Newcastle United, Manchester City, Fulham and England. I am not scared of saying what I think the situation is, and I will not depart from that."

Keegan then identified the clubs that will be aiming for fifth place next season. "The ones who are pretty much there now and we will be in contention for that fifth spot next season. I'd say Spurs definitely, Aston Villa, and Everton, if they finish fifth they will have Europe as well.

"If you look at the bottom half of the table, there will be us, possibly Sunderland if they put the investment in and get the results and possibly Middlesbrough if they put some investment in."

Missing Mark Viduka through injury, Newcastle will be without Joey Barton at Goodison Park, because of Barton's bail conditions. The midfielder's trial begins in Manchester in June.

----------

What a dumb title name! I thought Keegan had been sacked for a second there.

Comment

• Still a bit worried about Dennis Wise but that just might be me.
              Ashley wants the wage bill cut and this could mean the end of Owen who is one of the countries highest earners. Steven Taylor could also fear the worst, this would be the worst thing to happen to the Toon if Taylor dosn't get his new and much improved contract he has been by far the Toons best player for the last 2 seasons but like so many home grown talent they tend to get **** on Newcastle in the past would sooner sell a home grown star for a profit and wast 9 mill and huge wages on a Boomsong. Lets hope Keegan stands firm which he has always done.

Comment

• Ashley wants to cut Owen's wage by £40,000 a week. HOW MUCH ****ING MONEY DOES HE GET!?

Comment

• Aiden McGeady, Richard Dunne and 18 year old, defender Mamadou Sakho linked with Newcastle.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                    Aiden McGeady, Richard Dunne and 18 year old, defender Mamadou Sakho linked with Newcastle.
                    Michael Owen, current weekly wage packet of £102,000, not to shabby is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                      Michael Owen, current weekly wage packet of £102,000, not to shabby is it.
                      He is set to lose £2m.

Comment

Working...
                      X