Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think next season will see another team break the top 4 with Arsenal dropping out.

Everyone seems to be leaving Arsenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
      It's boring because it's always the top 4... every year.
      like i said if Newcastle were up there Keegan and yourself would not be saying that

Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
      I think next season will see another team break the top 4 with Arsenal dropping out.

Everyone seems to be leaving Arsenal.
      do me a favour we were top of league nearly all season & we reached the Champions League Quarter Final

Flamini has left so what i aint that bothered TBH as Denilson is a far better player that ive always wanted to get more starts ,who else has left nobody

ill bet u every point i have that Arsenal are in the top 4 next year
      Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 05-07-2008, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
        Keegan said the Premiership is boring

he would'nt be saying that if Newcastle were in the top 4 would he
        Do you think it is good for the league to have the same 4 teams qualifying EVERY year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
          Do you think it is good for the league to have the same 4 teams qualifying EVERY year?
          i dont really care as long as Arsenal are in it

its been that way for ages ,u dont need money to break into the top 4 as Arsene Wenger has proved but when u get people like Graeme Souness spending 8 mil on Boumsong is there any wonder other teams cannot break the top 4 barrier ,what about Curbs buying Dyer ,Bowyer,Bellamy ,Upson and then when his team start struggling he asks for sympathy cause of the injurys

Comment

i dont really care as long as Arsenal are in it

its been that way for ages ,u dont need money to break into the top 4 as Arsene Wenger has proved but when u get people like Graeme Souness spending 8 mil on Boumsong is there any wonder other teams cannot break the top 4 barrier ,what about Curbs buying Dyer ,Bowyer,Bellamy ,Upson and then when his team start struggling he asks for sympathy cause of the injurys
            Let me rephrase it. If you were neutral, or a foreigner, or supported a lower league club, would you think that the lack of competition in the premiership is a good thing?

If you don't need money then you need alot of luck. Times have changed since Roma came, before that 4th spot was wide open, now it isn't. And on Wenger, would he be able to attract the likes of Fabregas if his club wasn't a top 4 team? No. Non-top 4 clubs can't do what Wenger is doing simply because they can't compete for the players. I'm not even sure money is enough these days, because what happens when you have a lot of money? You still can't buy top players, you end up spending loads on mediocre players, like Curbs.

The league is in a state, I probably wouldn't complain if my team was in the top 4, i'd be happy, but i would still be able to acknowledge that it isn't as competitive and exciting as it used to be.

Comment

like i said if Newcastle were up there Keegan and yourself would not be saying that

do me a favour we were top of league nearly all season & we reached the Champions League Quarter Final

Flamini has left so what i aint that bothered TBH as Denilson is a far better player that ive always wanted to get more starts ,who else has left nobody

ill bet u every point i have that Arsenal are in the top 4 next year
              Don't you see whats happing to Arsenal? everyone is off to another team. Arsene Wenger could be off this summer as well. End of the glory days for Arsenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                Don't you see whats happing to Arsenal? everyone is off to another team. Arsene Wenger could be off this summer as well. End of the glory days for Arsenal.
                LOL u wish

the only thing i see is jelousy from rival managers and fans proclaming the premiership is boring because they are not in the mix for the top 4 & aint likely to be in the near future

Arsenal are fine like i said ill bet u all your points

Comment

• Arsenal have been everyones second team this season, outstanding stuff just ran out of steam at the end, if he had a squad with more depth (Chelsea's subs bench at newcastle (A.Cole,J,cole,Lampard,Alex,Shevchenko) who can compete with a squad as good and as big as Chelsea? I think that is what Keegan was on about and soon as a good player comes along they unsettle them like the way Chelsea did with A Cole and Liverpool are doing with barry Villa. it makes it hard for any team to break the top 2, Liverpool and Arsenal will always play catch up, But I do think over the next couple of seasons Villa, Spurs and Newcastle will start to claw them back but Keegan needs big money to do it, Newcastle have always splashed the cash only Chelsea over the last 5 or 6 seasons have spent more and the new owner has far more cash than Freddie Shepard.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                    Arsenal have been everyones second team this season, outstanding stuff just ran out of steam at the end, if he had a squad with more depth (Chelsea's subs bench at newcastle (A.Cole,J,cole,Lampard,Alex,Shevchenko) who can compete with a squad as good and as big as Chelsea? I think that is what Keegan was on about and soon as a good player comes along they unsettle them like the way Chelsea did with A Cole and Liverpool are doing with barry Villa. it makes it hard for any team to break the top 2, Liverpool and Arsenal will always play catch up, But I do think over the next couple of seasons Villa, Spurs and Newcastle will start to claw them back but Keegan needs big money to do it, Newcastle have always splashed the cash only Chelsea over the last 5 or 6 seasons have spent more and the new owner has far more cash than Freddie Shepard.
                    Villa ,Spurs ,will never catch Arsenal in he next couple of seasons cause Arsenal have a manager that identifies better players simple as that ,on top of that in the next couple of seasons Arsenal will be reaping the benfits of having a 60 thousand capacity stadium not having to struggle like they have for the last 3/4 years ,Newcastle have spent more than Arsenal in the last 4years and look where they are ,man ill bet every single point i have that Arsenal are in the top 4 next year

Spurs will spend 17 mil on Darren Bent AW will spend 8 mil on Eduardo

Comment

• Arsenal wont be in the top 4 next season.

Comment

Working...
                      X