This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Alan Smith just boggles the mind. I've never rated a player less. It's like he's some random that has just walked in off the street.
    Alan Smith is a striker that is employed as a Midfielder that tells u all u need to know about his credentials as a player but especially as a striker

he goes around snarling & acting tough but he does'nt really get much done IMO, he is all huff puff if u ask me

Comment

• **** Alan Smith
      Risse pwned his ass

Comment

• Owens finishing has been poor for awhile. The only goals he seems to score these days are with his head. We need a clinical finisher like Eduardo or van Nistelrooy not saying we should buy one of them, but need someone like them. Best finisher in the league right now has to be Torres. Mark Viduka is a good finisher on his day, I just don't see him being a part of Newcastle next year.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would be a great signing. He is like van Nistelrooy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
          Alan Smith is a striker that is employed as a Midfielder that tells u all u need to know about his credentials as a player but especially as a striker

he goes around snarling & acting tough but he does'nt really get much done IMO, he is all huff puff if u ask me
          Smith is ****, he should be playing in the SPL or Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
            Smith is ****, he should be playing in the SPL or Championship.
            Smith is at best a good cover player, to go a full season without scoring a goal for a front man is pretty poor, but I would still keep him for cover, far better than Shola who is out of the club now and if we can get £4 mill for him that would be great business.
            now the speculation begins to see who Keegan brings in, and Dunn at City looks like new face we will see at the Toon and him and Taylor who is going to be one of the best centre halves in the country and capt of Newcastle.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
              Smith is at best a good cover player, to go a full season without scoring a goal for a front man is pretty poor, but I would still keep him for cover, far better than Shola who is out of the club now and if we can get £4 mill for him that would be great business.
              now the speculation begins to see who Keegan brings in, and Dunn at City looks like new face we will see at the Toon and him and Taylor who is going to be one of the best centre halves in the country and capt of Newcastle.
              Shola is like a bad version of Viduka. Smith is like... I couldn't say. A striker who doesn't shot?

Comment

• Smith and Shola are both ****.

Luckily Shola will go to Stoke for 5mil in a few weeks and i think that keegan will be rid of Smith by the start of next season!!

How did everyone think we played on Monday? I thought we were a bit unlucky but the performance was encouraging!!

I think the signs are good for a rise into the top six next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by good_looking01 View Post
                  Smith and Shola are both ****.

Luckily Shola will go to Stoke for 5mil in a few weeks and i think that keegan will be rid of Smith by the start of next season!!

How did everyone think we played on Monday? I thought we were a bit unlucky but the performance was encouraging!!

I think the signs are good for a rise into the top six next year!
                  Smith is off to Rangers for £5m or straight swap for Carlos Cuéllar.

Comment

• Newcastle release.

Stephen Carr, Peter Ramage and James Troisi.

Comment

• 06/05/2008 15:06
                      Carr Top Of Keegan's Scrapheap
                      Newcastle have started to trim their squad with Stephen Carr amongst a trio of imminent departures...

Magpies gaffer Kevin Keegan has released former Republic of Ireland man Stephen Carr, and a couple of youngsters - Peter Ramage and James Troisi.

The trio won't have their contracts renewed, but the release of 24-year old Ramage, who has played 68 games for the club, was clearly a hard decision for 'King Kev'.

Keegan said of the injury-plagued defender: "We wanted to keep Rammy but he wants to play regular football and I couldn't guarantee that here.

"He goes with our best wishes, as does Stephen Carr, who has been a great pro for this club. He wasn't offered a contract and I explained the reasons why.

"James Troisi has also gone. He has gone to play for Australia in the Olympics but he has not been offered a contract."

Full-back Carr, who announced his international retirement last year, was signed from Tottenham in 2004 and made 107 appearances for the club. He, too, has had limited chances to impress Keegan due to persistant injuries, but could stay in the Premiership as Everton and West Ham are reportedly monitoring the situation.
                      19-year-old Aussie Troisi was touted as a hot prospect, but didn't make a first-team appearance for the Black & Whites.

Duncan Robertson, Goal.com

Comment

Working...
                      X