Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ****s did make United pay 3m more for him though I reckon, and kind of sprung United into action. I reckon if you hadn't of bid, there was a large possibility United wouldn't have signed him. You know how stubborn Fergie can be. He's bottled signing a centre forward for about 2/3 seasons now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
      Weren't that when you beat United 2-1 or something near Christmas time, with Tevez scoring the winner possible?

I'm not sure why he provoked the hate, but sounds like his celebration was the equivalent of two fingers up to you lot.

Yes, The Hammers were more exciting to watch back then imo. Imagine if you had kept tevez and Mascherano.
      1-0, Curbs first game in charge.

Tell me about it, I'll never forget when Tevez scored his first goal for West Ham against Spurs - what a moment. I was sat behind the goal in the upper tier. Shame we ****ing lost. Place was like a morgue after that match, the pub afterwards was packed but you could have heard a pin drop!

Then when he scored against Bolton, I was the other end of the pitch in the Bobby Moore stand but I could see it was from the same position. Unbelievable, Jeff. I loved watching Tevez, those last seven matches were unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegeta View Post
        Bidding for all the top players, like this is some sort of FIFA game.
        True, can only be a bad thing for English football.

Comment

• Me Dad always reckoned Tevez was more of a big fish in a small pond type player, in his short time, he was idolised there (Maybe a bit strong.) doesn't seem to get the same at United although, still appreciated.

Much better than Rooney imo.

He seemed to play a different game at the hammers; more getting the ball, running at players and having long shots. Whereas at United he;s much more of a team player.

Comment

• I think it's sending a message. Saying "Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, we're a big club too!".

And Chelsea were not a big club until Abramovic took over. Arsenal weren't a big club for a long while either. Things go in cycles, and having one bunch of rich ****s owning you rather than a different bunch of slightly less rich ****s isn't that different. At least nobody leveraged a buyout of City in order to turn a profit liverpool united.

Comment

• Originally posted by travi$ View Post
              I heard a voice
              I saw the light.
              http://www.sc0rian.com/kemp/kemp.gif

Comment

• Now the transfer window is shut the season can start properly now.

A bit deflated on how we handled the Berbatov situation, felt we could have either sold him a week ago or buy a replacement in the meantime. Leaves us a bit light upfront.

Glad Chelsea got gazumped by Man City, priceless!

Comment

• Keegan's future under threat

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Gorgon View Post
                    He should be used to it by now!

Comment

• Chelsea did well not to improve on City's bid for Robinho
                      He could easily be physically out muscled in the prem, just look at Malouda.

Comment

Working...
                      X