No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mozza View Post
    I think Chimbonda is a good player but Hutton is better. He is a lot faster and can beat players with ease, his crossing could probably do with some work as could his shooting but his passing is pretty good and he has excellent vision for a defender.
    do you think he's worth the 9 million they paid mate? obviously you'll have seen a lot more of him than most of us. seems pricey for a right back

Comment

• Originally posted by DURAN_IS_GOD View Post
      do you think he's worth the 9 million they paid mate? obviously you'll have seen a lot more of him than most of us. seems pricey for a right back
      I don't think he's worth £9M but very few players are worth what is payed for them. He is a naturally talented lad and I think he will benefit from playing under Juande Ramos because he favours an attacking style of play. I think as long as he and his family settle into the area he will prove to be a very good signing.

Comment

I don't think he's worth £9M but very few players are worth what is payed for them. He is a naturally talented lad and I think he will benefit from playing under Juande Ramos because he favours an attacking style of play. I think as long as he and his family settle into the area he will prove to be a very good signing.
        fair play, look forward to seeing him in action then. im a villa fan but i like spurs cus their looking to build a good young squad like ourselves and we both have a fair few british lads playing as well which makes for a nice change

Comment

• I've spoken to a few sweaty socks that are Rangers fans and they said he is much better going forward than he is defensively. But going forward in the SPL has to be a lot easier than in the EPL or Europe (No Disrespect).

Was hoping to have a left back but the Gilberto move has collapsed as he has failed a second medical and will return to Hertha Berlin until his contract runs out in summer 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
            I've spoken to a few sweaty socks that are Rangers fans and they said he is much better going forward than he is defensively. But going forward in the SPL has to be a lot easier than in the EPL or Europe (No Disrespect).

Was hoping to have a left back but the Gilberto move has collapsed as he has failed a second medical and will return to Hertha Berlin until his contract runs out in summer 2008.
            The SPL is a weak league but the reason Hutton has come to the fore this year is that his performances in Europe have been exceptional. He played very well against Stuttgart and Lyon and done okay against Barcelona in games which we were forced to defend for 90 minutes. Against France and Italy he played well and amidst the hysteria surrounding James McFadden's goal against France it went almost unnoticed that Hutton turned in an exceptional display in defense.

His attacking is definitely better than his defending but he has really started to improve defensively. His main problem was positional sense and he had an infuriating habit of drifting inside and allowing wingers space but I am pleased to say that he has sorted that out and his pace allows him to keep up with most players which coupled with good timing when tackling makes him a good defender.

If he plays at the weekend it will be a baptism of fire because Ronaldo is sensational at the moment. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Comment

The SPL is a weak league but the reason Hutton has come to the fore this year is that his performances in Europe have been exceptional. He played very well against Stuttgart and Lyon and done okay against Barcelona in games which we were forced to defend for 90 minutes. Against France and Italy he played well and amidst the hysteria surrounding James McFadden's goal against France it went almost unnoticed that Hutton turned in an exceptional display in defense.

His attacking is definitely better than his defending but he has really started to improve defensively. His main problem was positional sense and he had an infuriating habit of drifting inside and allowing wingers space but I am pleased to say that he has sorted that out and his pace allows him to keep up with most players which coupled with good timing when tackling makes him a good defender.

If he plays at the weekend it will be a baptism of fire because Ronaldo is sensational at the moment. It will be interesting to see how he does.
              Cheers for that Mozza, that's good to know. You're right about it being a baptism of fire against Ronaldo, but as I say the best thing is to be thrown in at the deep end. It can't get any harder and he'll either sink or swim.

Young Jamie O'Hara did pretty good against him in the cup the other night and contained him for a good 3/4 of the game.

Comment

• Latest transfer news is that Tottenham have accepted a bid in the region of 10-15 million pound from Portsmouth for Jermain Defoe who was told by Capello that he needs to be playing 1st team football if he wants to play for England.

Comment

• Deadline is over and we got 4 defenders and lost a striker and sent 2 defenders out on loan.

More than I expected. Wasn't to keen on getting Woodgate at the time but if he stays injury free and plays like he did against everton then I was completely wrong and it's a great buy. If Hutton and Gilberto are really good as well then maybe we can start to become a force.

Still lacking in midfield IMO. We need a dominant central midfielder and then it's a question of who plays there. Jenas for his runs and goalscoring or Huddlestone for his passing because if they play togeather teams will walk through the middle of us with ease.

Comment

• http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...deofLondon.jpg

Arsenal till we die .. **** Spurs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kessler View Post
                      5-1 to the Tottenham.

Comment

Working...
                      X