Im thinking about changing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Mi*Vida*Loca~ View Post
    "The url contained a malformed video id"
    anyways, I do understand that. There are still some prejudices against germans as with all races... putting up with "nazi" comments. Really the reason when asked my heritage I say only one part of mine the irish-scot. But my mom's side is German, Dutch, and Polish. But I totally get the being proud of your hertiage. My kids are mexican-american, even though they don't tend to look hispanic, I always put it down as their race. I want them to be proud of their daddy's side.
    Thats a pretty big mix. I'm mosly Italian, but also Swedish and Norwegian. I guess I can identify more with my Italian side b/c I took Italian in high school. I'm just curious, are your kids growing up to be bilingual? I'm wondering b/c my girlfriend is Puerto Rican and Columbian and she doesn't speak Spanish, and a lot of Spanish people make fun of her for not speaking it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
      Thats a pretty big mix. I'm mosly Italian, but also Swedish and Norwegian. I guess I can identify more with my Italian side b/c I took Italian in high school. I'm just curious, are your kids growing up to be bilingual? I'm wondering b/c my girlfriend is Puerto Rican and Columbian and she doesn't speak Spanish, and a lot of Spanish people make fun of her for not speaking it.
      you only looked italian in high school?

Yes they are, right now my son (2 years old) probably speaks the most. lol That's sad, but I speak more fluent now then I did with my other 2. They do know a lot of stuff though. My husband says it's more important for them to know english. I guess it's because english is his 2nd language.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Mi*Vida*Loca~ View Post
        you only looked italian in high school?

Yes they are, right now my son (2 years old) probably speaks the most. lol That's sad, but I speak more fluent now then I did with my other 2. They do know a lot of stuff though. My husband says it's more important for them to know english. I guess it's because english is his 2nd language.
        Took Italian, for 4 years and I should speak it better than I do. I wish I was bilingual though, especilly in Spanish. I could see where your husband is coming from, saying English is more important, but if they're fluent in both than thats better.

Comment

Took Italian, for 4 years and I should speak it better than I do. I wish I was bilingual though, especilly in Spanish. I could see where your husband is coming from, saying English is more important, but if they're fluent in both than thats better.
          opps..I've been doing that lately seeing something that's not there..lol Yea he says they will learn, being that they are always around people who speak spanish. Hopefully so....

Comment

...the way I tell people my last name is pronounced. Its German and my family Americanized it because of the racism that was going on against Germans during WWII. I kinda want to go back to saying it the German way, for no real reason, I just want to. Do you think its a stupid, pointless thing to do?
            Hope you did it.

Pride is real ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MANGLER View Post
              Hope you did it.

Pride is real ****.

Comment

Working...
              X