No announcement yet.

Armageddon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cple
    I must apologize to K-DOGG because this post is somewhat off topic.

I always wondered how some people interpret the bible. I assume most believe the Book of Revelations is symbolic, yet many view the Book of Genesis as a literal explanation of creation. Why is one figurative and the other literal? Can it be that the story of creation is symbolic as well?

This is not an attack, but something i always wondered as a person who admittedly doesn't know much regarding the Bible.
    No need for apology cple. All discussion of intelligence and the inquisitive towards a greater understanding is welcome on any thread I start.

Now, to give you my answer to your question....people pick and choose what suits them best.

The creation story in Genesis, I think is not only symbollic; but very possibly has it's roots in the Egyptian creation myth. Much of the early stuff in the Bible, such as the creation story and the flood story are more than likely composists picked up by the Hebrews from the cultures who enslaved them at one time or another...aka the Egyptians and the Babylonians. Remember, supposedly, the Hebrews were in Egypt for close to 600 years. Can you imagine how muddled the history of your people can become over that many generations while surrounded by another domininant culture who's history and mythology were constantly being preached to you as fact? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by cple
      I must apologize to K-DOGG because this post is somewhat off topic.

I always wondered how some people interpret the bible. I assume most believe the Book of Revelations is symbolic, yet many view the Book of Genesis as a literal explanation of creation. Why is one figurative and the other literal? Can it be that the story of creation is symbolic as well?

This is not an attack, but something i always wondered as a person who admittedly doesn't know much regarding the Bible.

i think genesis is symbolic...when john wrote revelations he was describing things that are hard to understand even if u're seeing them for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
        No need for apology cple. All discussion of intelligence and the inquisitive towards a greater understanding is welcome on any thread I start.

Now, to give you my answer to your question....people pick and choose what suits them best.

The creation story in Genesis, I think is not only symbollic; but very possibly has it's roots in the Egyptian creation myth. Much of the early stuff in the Bible, such as the creation story and the flood story are more than likely composists picked up by the Hebrews from the cultures who enslaved them at one time or another...aka the Egyptians and the Babylonians. Remember, supposedly, the Hebrews were in Egypt for close to 600 years. Can you imagine how muddled the history of your people can become over that many generations while surrounded by another domininant culture who's history and mythology were constantly being preached to you as fact? Just a thought.
        I agree in part, but there's something that needs mention. There is no archeological evidence that supports the Hebrews slavery in Egypt nor the Book of Exodus.

Comment

Originally posted by Merovingian
          I agree in part, but there's something that needs mention. There is no archeological evidence that supports the Hebrews slavery in Egypt nor the Book of Exodus.
          I do believe they have found some mention of the Hebrews leaving Egypt; but I honestly don't remember where I read it....and do admit it was sketchy. However, if you exmine the myth of Isis, Osirus, and Horus, you can see many similarities with Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel. I don't really believe in coincidences...and there are several in those creation myths.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
            I do believe they have found some mention of the Hebrews leaving Egypt; but I honestly don't remember where I read it....and do admit it was sketchy. However, if you exmine the myth of Isis, Osirus, and Horus, you can see many similarities with Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel. I don't really believe in coincidences...and there are several in those creation myths.

I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              All the conflict in the Middle East, the tension in the Far East, Nostadomus's prediction of the World Trade Center bombing (it was abstract; but could be construed that he meant New York and hence, the WTC), and the Papal prophecies concerning the next pope being the Anti-Christ by the name of "Peter the Roman".

Is this it; are we really that close, or is it all just business as usual on Planet Earth?
              I don't see any apocalyptic occurrence or an outbreak of global warfare breakin out in my lifetime.

Comment

2012 baby its over

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                  All the conflict in the Middle East, the tension in the Far East, Nostadomus's prediction of the World Trade Center bombing (it was abstract; but could be construed that he meant New York and hence, the WTC), and the Papal prophecies concerning the next pope being the Anti-Christ by the name of "Peter the Roman".

Is this it; are we really that close, or is it all just business as usual on Planet Earth?
                  Responding to a search of "Peter the Roman" for over a year has led me to many different sites. My efforts to do this have crystalized a message that confirms that the general resurrection has begun. Many are the voices of doom on the Internet that seemingly seek to herald the dimmest of aspects, when the reality of the situation is that the world is being saved. The place that Christ has prepared is being revealed.
                  Last edited by Edward Palamar; 09-02-2011, 03:18 PM. Reason: signature update

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Palamar View Post
                    Responding to a search of "Peter the Roman" for over a year has led me to many different sites. My efforts to do this have crystalized a message that confirms that the general resurrection has begun. Many are the voices of doom on the Internet that seemingly seek to herald the dimmest of aspects, when the reality of the situation is that the world is being saved. The place that Christ has prepared is being revealed.
                    Perhaps.....but after long hours and many books since this post, I have come to a conclusion.

We, if we live to see it, are all in for a big surprise.

Closest estimation by Thomas Jefferson as to the "times times times" passage from "Daniel", I believe.....is around the year 2060.

Comment

They've been saying this for years. Can't see it happening any time soon, even with whats going on with Russia and the middle east.

Comment

Working...
                      X