Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD
    the sun has a lot less than 10 billion years left
    it is half way through it's life so it has around 5 billion years at most

and yes there is a lot of fear in the world but human beings impress the hell out of me and i would not be surprised to see them
    go to and live in other galaxies

so no i dont think mankind will destroy themselves
    First, you're right about the 5 Billion years. I didn't think about it until after i posted.

Second, I admire your optimism...and couldn't agree more. Peace, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
      First, you're right about the 5 Billion years. I didn't think about it until after i posted.

Second, I admire your optimism...and couldn't agree more. Peace, bro.
      lets spread the love

Comment

If our ancestors still exist in 5 billion years they will have evolved beyond what we know as human beings.

But I feel pretty certain that the human race will have met its extinction well before that. If not at the hands of our fellow man than through some natural cataclismic event such as a meteor the size of texas hitting the earth. Less than 1% of all the species of life that have existed on the planet are still with us. There is no reason to believe that we will not meet a similar fate.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Sonny !!
          If our ancestors still exist in 5 billion years they will have evolved beyond what we know as human beings.

But I feel pretty certain that the human race will have met its extinction well before that. If not at the hands of our fellow man than through some natural cataclismic event such as a meteor the size of texas hitting the earth. Less than 1% of all the species of life that have existed on the planet are still with us. There is no reason to believe that we will not meet a similar fate.
          human being will find ways to deal with these sort of events

they already have most of the meteorites and comets capable of wiping us out tracked

and have ways of taking them out

Comment

I know its a bit morbid, but if the world was about to end, do you reckon those final few weeks would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumble
              I know its a bit morbid, but if the world was about to end, do you reckon those final few weeks would be pretty sweet.
              Really depends on your definition of "sweet".

Comment

it would be armagggedon but unfortunately the 4 horsemen are otherwise engaged

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt
                  Read the bible : revelations

When John wrote revelations, it was during a time when Christians were being persecuted and murdered by the Roman Empire. The supposed mark of the Beast, 666 is Gematria(an ancient Hebrew language associating numbers with words) for Nero who was the Roman Emperor at the time. The Whore of Babylon who sits on the seven-headed Dragon represents Rome during 1st Century which sat on seven hills. After Nero's death, many Christians believed that he would be resurrected thereby, becoming the Beast. Also, the word Anti-Christ doesn't ever appear in the Book of Revelation. It only appears 5 times in the entire Bible and is not used in the same manner as it is used today. According to the Bible, Anti-Christ is anyone who denies that Jesus is Christ or does not confess Jesus. So, that could be hundreds of thousands of people. The Book of Revelation was never meant to be taken literally. It's symbolic to the struggle of Christians during the 1st Century.

Comment

Originally posted by Merovingian
                    When John wrote revelations, it was during a time when Christians were being persecuted and murdered by the Roman Empire. The supposed mark of the Beast, 666 is Gematria(an ancient Hebrew language associating numbers with words) for Nero who was the Roman Emperor at the time. The Whore of Babylon who sits on the seven-headed Dragon represents Rome during 1st Century which sat on seven hills. After Nero's death, many Christians believed that he would be resurrected thereby, becoming the Beast. Also, the word Anti-Christ doesn't ever appear in the Book of Revelation. It only appears 5 times in the entire Bible and is not used in the same manner as it is used today. According to the Bible, Anti-Christ is anyone who denies that Jesus is Christ or does not confess Jesus. So, that could be hundreds of thousands of people. The Book of Revelation was never meant to be taken literally. It's symbolic to the struggle of Christians during the 1st Century.
                    I've heard this interpretation; and it's possible. That much I'll give you...but, there are other interpretations.

Comment

I must apologize to K-DOGG because this post is somewhat off topic.

I always wondered how some people interpret the bible. I assume most believe the Book of Revelations is symbolic, yet many view the Book of Genesis as a literal explanation of creation. Why is one figurative and the other literal? Can it be that the story of creation is symbolic as well?

This is not an attack, but something i always wondered as a person who admittedly doesn't know much regarding the Bible.

Comment

Working...
                      X