Top Guitarist all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Joe Satriani and its not even close !

Whatever you say for your favorite guitarists! I've seen a lot of guitarists but not really that good, to me Joe Satriani is the best! At least top 3! He is a good guitarist not only fast but the notes and melodies played go smoothly and in harmony. Satriani got it all. Pleasing sound... If you really know about guitar you will know that. So who knows that who is the best, NO ONE KNOWS, no one can judge that! But the guitar sound AND melodies played explain themselves.

surpassed Hendrix back with his Surfing With The Alien album in 1987. You have one of his students Kirk Hammet from Metallica in the top 10 plus he also taught Steve Vai and Alex Skholnic from Testament. If you actually listened at the endless variety of his guitar playing from, blues, jazz, rock, metal that he can play blindfolded while riding a horse you will know he's in a league of his own at number 1. You will never hear a guitarist that can match his speed with perfection. He plays fast because he can and doesn't sing because he doesn't have to, he is the master.
    Satriani is technically excellent but his high tones sound like a cat having a fight.

I like the style of Paul Gilbert personally.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Mike Bloomfield and most of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers lead guitarists...
      Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter...
      bloomfields interpitations is where it all eminated from. clampton and winters came later.

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
        bloomfields interpitations is where it all eminated from. clampton and winters came later.
        ... I intentionally placed them in that order in my post...

Comment

Jimmy Hendrix sits upon the iron throne.

Comment

my personal favorites
            (i dont listen to enough genres/bands to know the true greats)
            page
            gilmore
            slash
            m mccready
            prince
            n young
            l buckingham
            jeff healey
            nancy wilson

Comment

1. Jimi Hendrix
              2. Stevie Ray Vaughan
              3. Jimmy Page
              4. Eric Clapton
              5. Carlos Santana

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Joe Satriani and its not even close !

Whatever you say for your favorite guitarists! I've seen a lot of guitarists but not really that good, to me Joe Satriani is the best! At least top 3! He is a good guitarist not only fast but the notes and melodies played go smoothly and in harmony. Satriani got it all. Pleasing sound... If you really know about guitar you will know that. So who knows that who is the best, NO ONE KNOWS, no one can judge that! But the guitar sound AND melodies played explain themselves.

surpassed Hendrix back with his Surfing With The Alien album in 1987. You have one of his students Kirk Hammet from Metallica in the top 10 plus he also taught Steve Vai and Alex Skholnic from Testament. If you actually listened at the endless variety of his guitar playing from, blues, jazz, rock, metal that he can play blindfolded while riding a horse you will know he's in a league of his own at number 1. You will never hear a guitarist that can match his speed with perfection. He plays fast because he can and doesn't sing because he doesn't have to, he is the master.
                Joe Satriani never drew a dime as an artist so how can you say he is the best of all time?

Playing fast and doing all these crazy techniques is one thing, but if you can't even create a memorable riff that sells records then how good are you really? Guys like Angelo, Gilbert, Satriani and Vai don't qualify imo.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
                  Hendrix and Jimmy Page
                  That's the real answer

All these shred players can't hold a candle to these 2 artists that actually have memorable guitar work that will be listened to forever.

I'd love to see Steve Vai or any other over rated player try and create purple haze or stairway to heaven.

Comment

This is all about personal preference and I'm always down for a conversation with anyone about music especially if they have the same musical leanings as myself.

For me it's Page, Slash, Micki Mars, Blackmore, Hendrix obviously, Jeff Beck I'm sure I've forgot a **** ton of others I mean I'm quite open minded in regards to any of them, hell if you've held a guitar I've respect for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
                      That's the real answer

All these shred players can't hold a candle to these 2 artists that actually have memorable guitar work that will be listened to forever.

I'd love to see Steve Vai or any other over rated player try and create purple haze or stairway to heaven.
                      You're talking about two of the best rock tracks ever, music like this doesn't come around every lifetime let alone a generation, Stairway is a freakin colossus of a musical journey. I can listen to Hendrix over an over, don't forgot some of the studio recordings were recorded in two parts and layered over though. I had this discussion with my father and it can't be replicated without another guitarist.

Comment

Working...
                      X