Survivorman is 100x cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
      no way... man vs wild > survivorman..

Comment

Yeah, that guy is far more badass he lugs around his own camera's and ****e. A new season is coming out soon too.

Comment

word....

Man Vs Wild is some weak **** compared to that.

Comment

I like man vs wild, but I do think Survivorman is better. Not so much the camera stuff, but he seems to take less risks. Seems more down to Earth to me.

Comment

Like I suspected, the show is fake by all accounts I've read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ma...ild#Criticisms

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...1351#Criticism

Comment

Originally posted by Army of One View Post
                Yeah, but I dont think Man vs Wild really made that claim that its 100% roughing it, like survivor man does. I mean he clearly has a some camera men with him who arent realistically expected to rough it the same as him.

I read he was wearing a vest while going down the rapids (while pretending it was a trash bag he found or something,lol) yeah thats kind of fake, but he was still going down ****ing freezing rapids in nothing but a vest.

Man vs Wild is an okay show for entertainment value, but I wouldnt take his advice for "survivor" tips.I mean what the ****, Im going to jump in some freezing rapids if Im stranded somewhere? Thats like #1 in things not to do if youre trying to survive.
                Last edited by Mech.; 07-27-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
                  Yeah, but I dont think Man vs Wild really made that claim that its 100% roughing it, like survivor man does. I mean he clearly has a some camera men with him who arent realistically expected to rough it the same as him.

I read he was wearing a vest while going down the rapids (while pretending it was a trash bag he found or something,lol) yeah thats kind of fake, but he was still going down ****ing freezing rapids in nothing but a vest.

Man vs Wild is an okay show for entertainment value, but I wouldnt take his advice for "survivor" tips.I mean what the ****, Im going to jump in some freezing rapids if Im stranded somewhere? Thats like #1 in things not to do if youre trying to survive.
                  I agree but the reason was that if there was no one on the way to help and your only way out was to cross the water he shows a way to do it.

Some of it he is going to have to cheat a little because no one in there right mind would try it just for a TV show and i'm sure the show wouldn't even let him if wanted to for legal reasons.

Comment

Never watched it once.

Comment

never seen it at all

Comment

Working...
                      X