Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest hardship in your life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sigh* my hardship is about to begin real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
      Sounds like a bully to me, no offense. Or just some good ol fashioned good luck.

I was doing a little bit of illegal **** about 4 or 5 months ago. Stealing from clothing stores b/c I was broke, stealing from cars late at night with a couple buddies, and some other trivial stupid ****. Thank God I'm done with that stage which only lasted about 1 month thankfully.
      Ha, boy do I know alot about that. Unfortunately, I guess I got the bad side of what you got. I got more and more addicted to it as time went on and we kept doing worse and worse stuff and we did get caught, this was almost 2 years ago and still paying for it.

I dont regret it one bit =)

Comment

And how did you endure it and did it make you a better person in the end?

I'm trying to think right now, I've had some but nothing really serious that is worth discussing here.
        when faced with hardships, i go into denial mode a bit. i just refuse to let myself dwell on it or think about it too much. i just do what i have to do to get through it. i am a great problem solver so i try to be proactive and figure out a way to "solve" the situation or to get through it. plus my hardships are never too long lasting. i just remind myself that i can get through it. i also try to take the mindset of it can ALWAYS be worse and to be lucky for whatever good there is in my life. and if all else fails just be happy to be alive cuz in the end, no matter what, i feel life is better than death.

Comment

I can't really think of many man...

There was the one time where I was almost kidnapped but that was when I was around 10. I've had **** loads of times where my manhood & inner strength was tested and most of the time I got through it...but sometimes I didn't.
          when i was in kindergarten, i was fairly adventurous. i explored my neighborhood and walked home alone. there was this old guy who was really friendly and always seemed to be out in his yard. he seemed lonely but very nice. he bought a puppy and i used to play with it in his yard. i didn't even know the guy's name. one day he he lured me into his house and tried to trap me in his bathroom. i will spare you the details. but by some miracle i escaped. no one knew i visited this guy and who knows what exactly this guy had in mind - rape or murder - who knows.
          scary stuff...

Comment

i have couple of these hardship and comebacks and hardships.

the biggest i dont know but some of these hardship is when i feel everybody is against me and not one is with me or at least to help me. but it looks like i a, a person people love to hate even if i dont do anything.

thank God for the family and friends i have.
            Yes it help me to release not everyone is your friend and not everyone is as same as you are. now i could read people though i bit but not that could but sometimes i know what this person is going to do so most of the time i dont have big expectation on many people because i was let down and backstabbed more than once that there isnt a place for a knife to put in my back.

Comment

when my girl got pregnant. that was a tough time for me. i was going to law school after i graduate from college but she got pregnant so i had to stop and i was a lazy mother****a i didnt know if i could feed my fam. moms was hella mad but was very happy when she saw her grandson. found a job and kept it and going to law school next term

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
                The hardest thing I've ever been through is when I was younger, around 9-10. My mum had been married since I was around 6, and we moved over to Blackburn which was away from all our family in Liverpool. Her husband started hitting her and made her slave around all day looking after him because he supposedly had diabetes.

This really affected me personally because there was nothing anyone could do because my mum wouldn't speak up. When she finally did, she kicked him out and had a restraining order put on him. Then she became clinically depressed because of all the pressure she had been under and this really took its toll on me, especially since I had been watching the way that bastard had been treating her.

During the divorce procedure he kept sending us letters, saying he was going to break into our house and kill us etc. and the police wouldn't do anything about it. So I lived in fear for a good few years waiting for him to return but thankfully he never did.

This is by far the most traumatic period of my life.
                Same thing but my former stepdad was a drunk and crackhead . He would be gone for weeks at a time then come home yelling and want to hit her. I was around 13 when they got together i'd fight him but he was built and would overpower me with no prob . Until oneday he told me no matter how old he gets or how strong I get he will always have his way . YUP YUP so I started to lift weights 3-4 times a day took wrestling at school read ever boxing /martial arts book I could find and fought everyone willing in the streets at school didn't matter . I learned a lot and soon found that I didn't fear pain or being hit anymore . I always promised from an early age that I would never let someone hurt my mom because I seen what the damage that my grandfather killing my grandmother has had on the family . I have always kept this in mind and have made whatever sacrifice needed to end the curse of past violence. Anyway as I got older I started to get the upperhand in every conflict until finaly she had the courage to kick him out . I still see him evry once in a while walking the streets up to no good i'm sure . And have talked to him a few times I know he's not a bad man and is sorry but a part of me always want's to knock his ass out . But I don't I got him out of my life and that's what I wanted so I look past it .

Comment

Man, what happened to that old guy? did you tell anyone

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                    Man, what happened to that old guy? did you tell anyone
                    matty, you have got to start hitting reply when you ask a question so people know who you are talking to (addressing). lol!

if you were referring to me, i told my brother and begged him not to tell my mom, but of course, he did. since the guy never got an opportunity to hurt me and since it was a 5 year-old's vs. his word, nothing happened. however, my step-dad was an italian with a mean temper and i am sure he scared the hell out of this guy with some threat. my guess is the cops kept an eye on him too. we ended up moving within the year so i never saw him again.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
                      matty, you have got to start hitting reply when you ask a question so people know who you are talking to (addressing). lol!

if you were referring to me, i told my brother and begged him not to tell my mom, but of course, he did. since the guy never got an opportunity to hurt me and since it was a 5 year-old's vs. his word, nothing happened. however, my step-dad was an italian with a mean temper and i am sure he scared the hell out of this guy with some threat. my guess is the cops kept an eye on him too. we ended up moving within the year so i never saw him again.
                      Oh right cool, yeh I was referring to you, and yes I should show who I am reffering toi

Comment

Working...
                      X