• Show
Clear All

Count me in.

I'll be x-PeROxiDE-x Promotionals Ltd.

Comment

oh cool

im RAMA Promotions

Comment

Sign me up, I'll be Boricua Boxing Promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
          Count me in.

I'll be x-PeROxiDE-x Promotionals Ltd.
          Originally posted by Ramamaiden View Post
          oh cool

im RAMA Promotions

Originally posted by PR Boxer View Post
          Sign me up, I'll be Boricua Boxing Promotions.
          Got all 3 of you down. I will be making a deadline soon for the reserved users to sign up. This is filling very fast...

Comment

SIGN ME UP !hightimes Promotions!!!! <

Comment

GURTIN LET ME KNOW MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ggurtin View Post
                After discussing this idea with other posters and drawing interest, I am making the official signup thread. People who have already declared interest in the other forum will be given first priority for spots. There will initially be spots for 20 fantasy promoters, and a waitlist. There will be 25 slots.

Rules

Scoring

It would be far too complicated to have a point system so there will not be one. In real life, no promoter has the best boxers by definitive points, but it is easy to say that GBP and Top Rank are better than Star Boxing. Owners can post whatever stats they like to prove they won(PPV buys for fighters, HBO/Showtime fights, World Titles, etc.) Success may be different for different fantasy promoters, one promoter from Britain may care about winning British titles where I could not care about that

Where will it take place?

On an offsite MSN/Yahoo group. Will be easier to have multiple threads there. I will keep a running thread here with the link so owners can be transferred from this site.

Auction

As stated earlier boxers will be signed by auction. Each promoter will be given 10 million dollars to spend in the auction. There will be one auction each year and that is the only time you may sign boxers. Boxers who have announced retirement or have not had a pro fight can not be signed(ex. you can not sign Floyd Mayweather). When Floyd comes out of retirement, he will be available at the auction after this declaration.

Contracts

Boxers may be signed for a maximum of 3 years. All contracts are guaranteed, keep this in mind when bidding.

Max salary: 8 million dollars
                RULE: Each promoter must sign AT LEAST 5 boxers, there is no limit to how many boxers a promoter can sign with their 10 million dollars.

The minimum salary for a 3 year deal is $100,000
                The minimum salary for a 2 year deal is $50,000
                The minimum salary is $10,000

Restricted Free Agency

When a boxers contract is up they become a Restricted Free Agent. Therefore, the original owner has the right to match any offer to keep their boxer. Restricted Free Agency occurs before standard free agency. If owners have no intention to keep their boxer, they can declare that he become a normal FA.

Retirement

When a boxers retires his contract voids. When a boxer comes out of retirement, the owner can either resume his contract or make him an Unrestricted Free Agent. If the boxer's contract was up when he retired, he then becomes an RFA.

How will the auction work?

For the first week, only the world champions will be auctioned off along with a few other declared big market players. After that, owners will be allowed to post any auction thread at any time until all money is spent or all owners declare they are finished.

When will an auction close?

All auctions must last at least 4 days. This will give all owners enough time to notice that a boxer is being auctioned off. Auction ends after no one has placed a higher bid after 24 hours when the 4 day waiting period is over.

Signing up

to sign up declare that you will be playing and give a name for your fantasy promotional company(ex. mine is CEO promotions)

When will it start?

Auctions are set to start Sunday, November 30th. If there is a problem with the date please let me know. You will have 4 days to place any bids so it would need to be with Nov 30 and the 3 days after.

Owners

Bold=Have not officially signed up but reserved spot due to interest in previous thread

1.ggurtin-CEO Promotions
                2.RESERVED FOR The_Italian
                3.Ramamaiden- RAMA Promotions
                4.RESERVED FOR mangler
                5.RESERVED FOR badboypeenoy
                6.RESERVED FOR silencers
                7.RESERVED FOR detluv
                8.hishaam15-Hishaam J Promotions.
                9.RESERVED FOR KrisSilver
                10.Sweet Pea 50- Pea Nutz Promotions
                11.RESERVED FOR jaycuban
                12.KingArthur- King Tut Entertainment
                13.RESERVED FOR -Messiah-
                14.Jupiter Maximus-War Zone Promotions
                15.RESERVED FOR FRKO
                16.xxjace-Dr.Ironfist Productions
                17.TEXANBALLER-?
                18.Pelon Psyclone-Mas Chingon Productions
                19.Johnm-Fat Yank Promotions
                20.KILLA RIGHT- Killa Right Promotions
                21.x-PeROxiDE-x- x-PeROxiDE-x Promotionals Ltd
                22.PR Boxer- Boricua Boxing Promotions

Waitlist
                Can you clarify the scoring system (or lack of one)??

As it stands people argue how well their fighter is doing?

Surely there has to be some sort of standard? Otherwise what would define a fighter's value?

And before you get all hot, no I'm not dissing your idea, I think it's original and I like it. I'd even be willing to help out as I have experience running fantasy leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
                  Can you clarify the scoring system (or lack of one)??

As it stands people argue how well their fighter is doing?

Surely there has to be some sort of standard? Otherwise what would define a fighter's value?

And before you get all hot, no I'm not dissing your idea, I think it's original and I like it. I'd even be willing to help out as I have experience running fantasy leagues.
                  As of now there is no scoring system, but its is possible we could make a way to "score the game". I am still open to new ideas. The most fun part of this game will be following the stable of boxers each "promoter" has and the small community the game creates. Im sure the discussions in our group page will be fantastic and there will only be one discussion thread per fight that people can follow etc.

I have thought about giving promoters a way of giving promoters a cash bonus for winning a title fight with their boxer, but it may make things too complicated. Id love to have your help. Are you going to be signing up?

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                    GURTIN LET ME KNOW MAN!!!!
                    your in! glad to have you

Comment

Originally posted by ggurtin View Post
                      As of now there is no scoring system, but its is possible we could make a way to "score the game". I am still open to new ideas. The most fun part of this game will be following the stable of boxers each "promoter" has and the small community the game creates. Im sure the discussions in our group page will be fantastic and there will only be one discussion thread per fight that people can follow etc.

I have thought about giving promoters a way of giving promoters a cash bonus for winning a title fight with their boxer, but it may make things too complicated. Id love to have your help. Are you going to be signing up?
                      How about we come up with a scoring system, without one this game is pretty much an auction and not much else. I've come up with a few possible scoring systems.

1. Base each fighter's score on what he earns each fight, the more he earns the more he scores, also bonus points are added if the fighter makes a huge jump in pay, i.e. he doubles his earnings from his last fight. However this ides rests on the premise that fighter's purses are always made public, and people may have different sources of information so problems may arise, which leads me to system 2.

2. Base scores on their performance and record, like a boxing fantasy league. A win earns them 2 points, a draw earns them 1 point and a loss means they lose a point. The way the finish a fight also earns them points, 3 points for a ko, 2 points for a ko, 1 point for a UD.

Quality of opposition affects scoring as well. If your fighter beats a fighter that is ranked in the top 10 of that division (Ring magazine ratings) you receive 10 points. If your fighter beats a world champion (WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring) you get 20 points. This stops people from buying fighters who are fighting low level opposition. If your fighter enters the yop 10 p4p (Ring magazine) you receive 50 points. If your fighter beats someone on the p4p list you receive 30 points.

The scoring only starts from whence the league commences, records before that date count for nothing.

And to make it much easier players can not own more than 2 fighters, otherwise keeping track of all the scores would be impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X