No announcement yet.

Official Fantasy Boxing Promoter Signup Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
    How about we come up with a scoring system, without one this game is pretty much an auction and not much else. I've come up with a few possible scoring systems.

1. Base each fighter's score on what he earns each fight, the more he earns the more he scores, also bonus points are added if the fighter makes a huge jump in pay, i.e. he doubles his earnings from his last fight. However this ides rests on the premise that fighter's purses are always made public, and people may have different sources of information so problems may arise, which leads me to system 2.

2. Base scores on their performance and record, like a boxing fantasy league. A win earns them 2 points, a draw earns them 1 point and a loss means they lose a point. The way the finish a fight also earns them points, 3 points for a ko, 2 points for a ko, 1 point for a UD.

Quality of opposition affects scoring as well. If your fighter beats a fighter that is ranked in the top 10 of that division (Ring magazine ratings) you receive 10 points. If your fighter beats a world champion (WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring) you get 20 points. This stops people from buying fighters who are fighting low level opposition. If your fighter enters the yop 10 p4p (Ring magazine) you receive 50 points. If your fighter beats someone on the p4p list you receive 30 points.

The scoring only starts from whence the league commences, records before that date count for nothing.

And to make it much easier players can not own more than 2 fighters, otherwise keeping track of all the scores would be impossible.
    First off, im putting you down on the list. Second, if you want to be in charge of scoring, lets make it happen! We can have your objective power rankings as ONE means of bragging rights. We could also have a few different rating systems(cash earned,owner poll,etc.). In the end, maybe we could poll all of them together in some BCS type system to figure out the real winner. That would likely give us something close.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
    X