No announcement yet.

Australia,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highest Rated Comments
    this could be SATIE or DEBUSSY and it turns out to be the drummer from the beachboys! TRULY WONDERFUL!
    MOJOPIN1960 2 years ago 13

Comment

Well, I am one of the two young hippie girls you gave a ride to very very early one morning in your red convertible somewhere around LA. You were such a gentleman... friendly... open. You asked us what we were doing (we'd hitch hiked from San Francisco to follow Paul Butterfield's Blues Band to their next gig). We probably didn't sleep the whole night, and you gave us a ride in the wee morning hours. You told us you played the blues in a band too... The Beach Boys. It was magical. THANKS!
      OceanicLoveLetters 3 weeks ago

^^

"I never met anyone in college who could write that."

-Daryl Dragon, The Captain

Comment

Dennis sings one of his brother's funnest songs, from the unreleased 1977 Beach Boys album 'Adult Child',

Comment

The infamous Good Morning America interview I referenced earlier, Carl's discomfort and Mike's fury are palpable,

Comment

Brian, in a time-warp,

"I listen to a record called 'Be My Baby' by The Ronettes",

Comment

Comment

Tremendous posts, brother.

Will be listening to this today!

Comment

"Take some Rocks & Gravel, baby, make a solid road...."

Haha, I can't get that out of my head today for some reason.

Comment

I love, love, love that Bobby song, man.

Here's a fun one while I wait for the stateside pugilism.

When Murry was sacked as Beach Boys manager, he rounded together a new group to manage and 'produce' -- The Sunrays, led by Rick Henn.

This is their famous hit (complete with Little Honda-like "GO!"),

Murry would proclaim his copycat group to be greater than his sons' group and tell anyone who'd listen that The Sunrays would soon usurp them in the nation's affections,

Henn actually went on to be a productive Beach Boy collaborator, though. And The Sunrays were some good, wholesome fun, at least.

Sidenote;

on one of the USM volumes (10, I think), you can hear a Beach Boy (probably Carl, possibly Dennis, not 100% sure from memory) magnanimously complimenting The Sunrays in convo with another Beach Boy.

Comment

Murry is an oddball.

Especially if the story that he forced Brian to take a **** in front of the family was true.

Comment

Working...
                      X