No announcement yet.

Katsidis's best fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katsidis's best fights

I was gonna try get myself a collection of Katsidis's fights. What would you guys say are his most entertaining fights.

Thanks.

Going to assume you have seen the Mitchell fight. Of his others, these are his most entertaining in order (IMO):

Earl - back and forth war for a little before Katsidis completely takes over. Nothing somes Katsidis up better than this fight. He shows that he will do anything to impose his will on his opponent.

Amonsot - great fight. Complete war from both sides. Again Kats showed that he is prepared to take a lot to land and again he ended up being the stronger willed guy. Have to give a tonne of credit to Amonsot for taking this one the distance though. This was a brutal fight. Its my favourite Katsidis fight.

Casamayor - he might have lost but he again showed what a warrior he was. The fight was very close on the cards and Katsidis seemed to be in with every chance to get a decision before he came out and tried to take Casa's head off, and that is never a wise thing to do against an expert veteran counter-puncher. Still, thats Kats and you have got to love him.

Escobedo - just a really well-fought fight from both guys I thought. It was a SD but I thought Katsidis clearly won, but Escobedo is a talented guy and he fought very well in spots. Still, Katsidis just again showed how strong-willed he is and that he will not be denied. Good performance from Mick this one.

Chavez - admittedly Jesus is past his prime but he is still no easy beat and he didn't look too bad at all in the early rounds against Mick. It was only Katsidis' second fight back from being dominated by Juan Diaz so there were still some questions to be answered but Mick wore him down in typical fashion and forced him to quit.

Hope this summary helped. The Diaz fight wasn't too bad but it was frustrating to watch as a Katsidis fan as he just seemed to go away from what he is most effective at. Obviously you would have seen the Mitchell fight, the Ramirez fight was fairly average. Before that it is all local stuff so I doubt you will be able to download them.

Comment

Thanks mate, thats a great summary and very helpful. Il make a start downloading those fights.

Are you looking forward to the Katsidis - Marquez fight. How do you see it going.

Comment

Obviously really looking forward to that fight, its just great to see Mick get the really big fight he deserves.

Marquez should win. He is technically just so much better than Kats. Mick will give himself every chance though, you can be sure of that.

Comment

The Casamayor fight was heartbreaking, yet it's probably the fight he learned the most from. Remember the body shot that hurt Casamayor so badly he was able to knock him out of the ring?

I remember somebody saying before this fight that an Australian had NEVER beaten a Cuban at boxing, in either the amateur or pro ranks. Can anybody find an example?

Both the Earl and Amonsot fights were great to watch too.

Comment

Working...
          X