Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kali Meehan V Evans Quinn

Meehan set for return

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing - 24th Aug 2010

Former world heavyweight challenger Kali “Checkmate” Meehan (35-4, 29 KOs) will return to the ring on September 2 at the La Montage Reception Center, Sydney, NSW, Australia when he will punch it out over twelve rounds with well credentialed American-based Evans “The Sandman” Quinn (18-4-1, 16 KOs) over twelve rounds with the IBF Pan Pacific title up for grabs.

Meehan is coming off a points loss to former world heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaev in Germany in a May WBA eliminator.

Meehan, 6.5″, 240 lbs, has KO power in both hands and holds a knockout over 2007 heavyweight contender Davarryl Williamson. In 2004 Meehan was unlucky in being declared a split points loser after twelve action rounds against Lamont Brewster in WBO title bout.

Quinn was born in Nicaragua but is based in Miami, Florida and at 27 years and 6.3″ will be a solid test for Meehan having given former WBO heavyweight champion Siarhei Liakhovich the fight of his life before being stopped in nine rounds in a May contest.

On the undercard former 2004 Athen Olympian Adam Forsyth (8-0,7KOs) will be in action against American Chris Thomas (17-12-2, 14 KOs) over eight round bout. Thomas has met several world rated boxers including B.J. Flores who he dropped a twelve round decision to in a 2007 WBF super cruiserweight title bout.

Televised on Foxtel Cable Television Network throughout Australia

I've been impressed with Forsyth the couple of times I have seen him.

Comment

Might head down to this, not far from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Might head down to this, not far from my house.
        Im going as well so maybe I will see you there.

Send me a PM if you want to meet and maybe I can convince you im not....what's that guys name you think I am?

Comment

Originally posted by I'll be back View Post
          Im going as well so maybe I will see you there.

Send me a PM if you want to meet and maybe I can convince you im not....what's that guys name you think I am?
          Ultimateboxa.

Comment

I saw Meehan working his sons corner at the Golden Gloves over the weekend. His son was a decent fighter. He lost but wasn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              Ultimateboxa.
              Thats it, ULT

Well looks like Brently dont want to put it to the test

Comment

A bit of foxy boxing on tonight boys. Former model Lauryn Eagle makes her highly anticipated debut on the undercard. Trained by Losh Matthews (Gairy St Clair's bandana wearing trainer).

This is her:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...8786845?page=4

I'm trying to post an image, but it's not working. Just google her name.
                Last edited by Philfy; 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Any news? Anybody doing a round by round?

Comment

Originally posted by SNVDoublePunch! View Post
                    Any news? Anybody doing a round by round?
                    Coverage Starts in about an hour. I'll do a run down after the fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X