No announcement yet.

Jirov-Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    jirov has not been too active & his punch bresistance isnt what it once was but green is starting to look like a sham...catchweights are stupid & why hasnt green excepted troy ross' challenge yet?
    Because he will lose imo, I am not a Green fan at all but i agree that he has looked better at the higher weght - my knock on him is the same as Mundine, he refuses to fight a legit opponent at his weight, and i mean a legit cruiser, not a fat super middle/lh.

I dont think he can can beat the likes of Ross, Flores, Huck or Cunningham (i think he beats Cameron who protects his fists with his head), he'd be competitve but not win, but i could be wrong, and if he goes out and has a dig and gets into these guys and loses there's no shame in that, and its a lot more meaningful that what he has been doing

why not sign up for the super 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Fozz1 View Post
      Because he will lose imo, I am not a Green fan at all but i agree that he has looked better at the higher weght - my knock on him is the same as Mundine, he refuses to fight a legit opponent at his weight, and i mean a legit cruiser, not a fat super middle/lh.

I dont think he can can beat the likes of Ross, Flores, Huck or Cunningham (i think he beats Cameron who protects his fists with his head), he'd be competitve but not win, but i could be wrong, and if he goes out and has a dig and gets into these guys and loses there's no shame in that, and its a lot more meaningful that what he has been doing

why not sign up for the super 6?
      Good post.

The problem is that Danny has got a taste for the bigger money now and he has the status where he doesn't really need to be going after those tough fights. Like Anthony he can fight opponents of far lesser quality and still earn good coin. It will take a big, big fight for him to take a real risk (e.g. Roy Jones Jr).

In situations like this you are reliant on the fighter putting his standing in the sport above the money, and unfortunately that rarely happens. It doesn't seem as though Danny is going to be one of those guys at this point.

Comment

I covered his comeback at ringside last year for a news site and he's pretty gone. Jonathan Williams 7-6 was his opponent and Williams floored him twice before being stopped by Jirov(only one of Jirov's knockdowns was ruled a knockdown by the ref. the second was incorrectly ruled a slip). Perhaps the rust was a factor as Jirov was off two years before the fight but he will have been inactive another year if he fights Green. I liked Jirov alot but as an opponent he is little more than a name at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X