No announcement yet.

Australian Prospects Discussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cace View Post
    serge yannick is still one to look out for i think, he's only loss was a decision to bolling in what i have read was a fairly close fight
    forsyth looks good from what i seen
    fletcher looks good and is going to be progressed fairly quickly from all reports
    Is Fletcher still injured? I heard he had shoulder problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      Is Fletcher still injured? I heard he had shoulder problems.
      i dunno, hopefully not to serious if he is. he looked like he was going to be fun to watch from what i've seen of him

Comment

**** all really. Seems to me the best summation of Australian boxing prospects. Tomlinson is by far the best currently. I like the guy. He might be another Katsidis. Until he fights someone who fights back..........

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          **** all really. Seems to me the best summation of Australian boxing prospects. Tomlinson is by far the best currently. I like the guy. He might be another Katsidis. Until he fights someone who fights back..........
          Lenny Zappa and Wild Will spar all the time mate....if you see them go you would give Zappa huge wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            Yeah he was on the Vic undercard, he didn't look as good there.

I hope he can get it together. Problem is out here is sparring, hard to get good sparring.

I remember I used to have to spar light ****in heavies when I was around 140-147.
            Sure it helps when you get in with guys the same weight, but **** it made for touch sparring if they landed flush.
            Yeah man.. im the smallest guy at my gym at 54kg the closest next to me is around 65kg and then 70kg... so im always sparring the bigger guys and theres only 5 other amateur fighters so you take what you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
              Mostyn Niemann. He looked very good on debut. He'll add some much needed depth to some of our heavier divisions, I think they said he'd be campaigning at Cruiser.

I tend to agree that Zappa isn't a prospect anymore. He's hardly a contender though either, at least he has plenty of time to improve.
              Mostyn Niemann is a really good fighter. I been watching him as an amateur and ****, he is really good and he will be a top fighter.

If you saw some of the fighters going around in the ams, you would be hopeful for Aussie boxing. There is some really good amateurs around at the moment. Problem is, most are focused on Olympics etc.

Comment

Lenny Zapp stands out for me at the moment, although I'm not entirely sold on his ability to reach the very top.

Lance Gostelow is another one with pretty decent potential IMO.

Comment

For those that are interested:

Michael Bolling had a fight on the w/e against Isaac Chilemba in South Africa. Unfortunately he came up short.

Malawi boxer Isaac Chilemba won the vacant IBO super middleweight boxing world title with a unanimous twelve round points decision win over Australian Michael Bolling on Saturday night 19 June at Emperor’s Palace in Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa.

23 year-old “Golden Boy” Chilemba 15-1 (8) from Johannesburg impressively handled the southpaw challenge of the visiting 25 year-old Bolling 12-1 (10).

Judges scored the fight unanimously for Chilemba 119-109, 119-109 and 119-108.

http://www.secondsout.com.au/austral...domain=success

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
                    Yeah man.. im the smallest guy at my gym at 54kg the closest next to me is around 65kg and then 70kg... so im always sparring the bigger guys and theres only 5 other amateur fighters so you take what you can get.
                    yeah, you do mate, but it will help you down the long road, but what I noticed when I went up against guys my own weight was the speed difference, not that I was slower, I just got used to landing 4-5 punches and pulling out without being tagged, where is when I was up against guys my own weight I had to adjust to the speed difference and could only land about 2-3 punches before getting tagged.

It's a fine line a mixture of both is ideal.

Comment

Probably one of the best that hasn't got a mention yet... Fred Mundraby.

Comment

Working...
                      X