No announcement yet.

I definatley became a Katsidis fan tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    How do people think Kat would match-up against JMM now?
    Great match-up for sure.

I give Kat more of a chance than I did before. It's a fight he can win, however, he'd have to blast Marquez out early before he has a chance to settle. The longer the fight goes on, the more chance I give Marquez.

I'll make up my mind after Diaz/JMM II. Marquez looked positively awful against Floyd (who doesn't though?) and he hasn't fought for some time now. If JMM can dispatch Diaz again in a similar fashion he deserves to come in as solid favorite.

What if Diaz beats Marquez though? How would Kat/Diaz II pan out?

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      Great match-up for sure.

I give Kat more of a chance than I did before. It's a fight he can win, however, he'd have to blast Marquez out early before he has a chance to settle. The longer the fight goes on, the more chance I give Marquez.

I'll make up my mind after Diaz/JMM II. Marquez looked positively awful against Floyd (who doesn't though?) and he hasn't fought for some time now. If JMM can dispatch Diaz again in a similar fashion he deserves to come in as solid favorite.

What if Diaz beats Marquez though? How would Kat/Diaz II pan out?
      On JMM:

Its all about where Marquez is at age-wise IMO. Obviously style wise its not a great match-up for Mick. Marquez is a superb counter-puncher with a very good chin, which isn't really what Mick likes to see. Still, Marquez is getting old, has been pretty inactive and has been in some wars. I actually think Kats' best chance in this one is to wear him down late. He is definitely a lot stronger than Marquez, and a lot younger, so I can see his pressure just being too much for the ageing Marquez late in that fight.

Still, you are right, we need to wait and see how Marquez looks against Diaz before we say too much, although I have a feeling he will have a relatively easy time in that fight. He worked Diaz out in their first fight, I can't really see this one being too much different.

On Diaz:

I think Mick can win this rematch. He made the mistake of not making it an all-out war from the start in their first fight. He was trying to "box" with a guy who just has more ability than him. If he goes out there with the intention of just bringing relentless pressure I think he can wear Diaz down.

Comment

I agree, unless Marquez has aged tremendously he should have no problems in taking care of Diaz. Hopefully we see Katsidis sitting ringside for that one. All fighters are under Golden Boy, it's a no brainer that the winners should fight.

It's a good time for Katsidis to be getting a fight with Marquez, who is in the twilight of his career. As you said, the questions regarding JMM's ring-rust and stamina will be answered soon enough.

Aren't you just loving the excuses Mitchell's camp are coming up with. Boy got his ass handed to him.
        Last edited by Philfy; 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I agree, unless Marquez has aged tremendously he should have no problems in taking care of Diaz. Hopefully we see Katsidis sitting ringside for that one. All fighters are under Golden Boy, it's a no brainer that the winners should fight.

It's a good time for Katsidis to be getting a fight with Marquez, who is in the twilight of his career. As you said, the questions regarding JMM's ring-rust and stamina will be answered soon enough.

Aren't you just loving the excuses Mitchell's camp are coming up with. Boy got his ass handed to him.
          Yeah, "we prepared badly and whatnot". He just didn't have the bottle to stand up to the kind of pressure Kat brought to the ring. Just like I said before the fight, you can't underestimate just how few fighters have what it takes to stand up to that type of thing, its a very small percentage. You can look superb and be as skilled as you like, but if you don't have that something inside you that means you get smacked in the head and just come on stronger, you can forget about it.

Mitchell didn't have what it took when he got in there with a world class guy that was prepared to just throw down to the end.

Comment

Katsidis might have a chance vs JMM. Physically, he is stronger than him and he could pose problems, especially early.

But the thing is, a younger JMM might have had a little trouble early with Kats and then figured him out and gone to work. But JMM is getting older and if he is pushed early by Mike, by the time he has found his range and begins to pick him apart, his legs and body might give out on him due to age and the pressure.

It is an interesting fight, and remember before it can happen JMM has to get through diaz, although diaz has lost confidence and isn't looking the same he still has the potential to pose problems for JMM if he can turn his form around. So if JMM gets locked into another tough fight before Katsidis, it makes the scenario where Kats is just too much more likely.

I would pick a JMM late stoppage, based on JMM's experience and the fact he is still a superbly accurate and controlled fighter. But Katsidis could come away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              Great performance, congratulations aussies, he was really classy in the interview afterwards too, i'm jumping on his bandwagon

Bring on marquez!!!!
              Great!! There is no more honest fighter in the world than Kats, he is the man. Absolutely loved the destruction of a Brit by an Antipodean. Always do.

Comment

I think both Marquez and a rematch with Diaz are winnable for Katsidis at this point. Marquez showed shoddy defense early in his first fight with Diaz, and I don't see him standing up to Kats hooks like he did the baby bulls... if Kats starts fast and really puts it on him he could blow him away with serious authority early on, otherwise Marquez would probably make his signature adjustments and improve as the fight goes on, which brings the question of his stamina and conditioning into play at his age and after going up and down in weight to fight Floyd. You would have to think there's a good chance of Kats overpowering him early or wearing him down late, if he looks old as rounds go by.

In a rematch with Diaz I see Kats fighting very differently to their first encounter, where he tried to box with him and looked a bit lost... it seemed like he was trying to find a balance between being a wild fighter and a cooler thinking type, I think he has a much better sense of identity as a fighter now and may have found something close to that balance; Diaz has really looked bad, imo, in his last few fights against Malignaggi, as if he's lost a lot of confidence which is very important for fighting the way he likes to... if Kats muscles him around and batters him I think he might be unable to handle the pressure

Comment

Agree.

Khan needs to stay at 140, man up and fight some of the names there. Alexander, Bradley, Ortiz or Maidana would be acceptable.

Katsidis has earned his shot at the Diaz v Marquez winner. No need to risk it all by fighting Khan.
                  I think he has a better shot fighting khan.
                  1 shot and it be all over for khan.

Comment

First, it was a great win by Kat. Shutting out Mitchell in his home town within 3 rounds was a great effort.

Kat is simply relentless with his pressure, and transitions from outside to inside quite well and it was his left hook that spelt the end for mitchell when it landed flush.

I agree with what was said before about Kat improving, I think he now keeps his hands up alot more than he did in the past and he really is the definition of a warrior.

He rocked mitchell bad at the start of the 3rd round, mitchell's leg's were all over the place and as a result the shots that mitchell was throwing back were weak as Kat just walked straight through them. It was too much of a step up for Mitchell and Kat disposed of him, thoroughly.

Next to the JMM - Diaz fight, I beleive that Marquez will run through Diaz again. I beleive Marquez has Diaz' measure and IMO I beleive Diaz won't change/ doesn't have the ability to change his style to really even threaten Marquez. Marquez will finish Diaz within 12 rounds. Watch Diaz press forward and then watch Marquez counter....

This leaves JMM - Kat. Now this is a real barnstormer: WHY?
                    (I am going to assume that this is the best Marquez there is, ie discard ring rust and age)
                    Marquez is a counter puncher >>> Kat is a lead volume puncher

Technically JMM is the better boxer ALTHOUGH (as we all witnessed against Mayweather) JMM has slow hands...>>>>>KAT has faster hands, relentless pressure, fast feet, ability to cut off the ring and transitions well from out to in.

Taking these strenths and weaknesses into account, I believe that Kat will win again by KO and he will win within 5 rounds. IF it goes any longer, man we are in for one hell of a fight because the Marquez will work out the speed,timing and angles that Kat uses and begin to counter box...

Lets hope this happens.

WAR KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
                      I think he has a better shot fighting khan.
                      1 shot and it be all over for khan.
                      I don't agree.

Not only does Khan have MASSIVE physical advantages over Katsidis, something that Mick is not used to, but his style is also horrible for Kat. Sure his chin has been cracked in the past, but it remains to be seen whether he truly has a china chin. Also, Kat doesn't necessarily have that type of one-punch power that might crack Khan's chin.

I would far prefer Kat get JMM and/or Diaz in the ring over Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X