No announcement yet.

NRL 2010 Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    I wouldn't say we looked ****e. We looked ok when we spanked the Dragons in the semis last season and made the prelims before losing to the eventual winners.

I agree with you that we will struggle this season though.
    By their standards, the Broncos has a pretty bad year in 2009. I guess it just shows the quality of the team for them to still make the top 8.

Let's take a look at some Broncos 2009 highlights:

*Losing 0-56 against the Raiders in round 21, their worst loss ever.
    *Losing 4-48 against Storm in round 13, their equal 4th worst loss ever.
    *Losing 12-46 against the Sharks in round 15, their 9th worst loss ever.
    *Losing 12-44 against the Bunnies in round 19, their 10th worst loss ever.

That's 40% of their wost ever losses happening in season 2009. Admit it Dan, the Broncos were ****e last year...

Not to mention losing 10-40 against Storm in a preliminary final, their worst final loss ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      By their standards, the Broncos has a pretty bad year in 2009. I guess it just shows the quality of the team for them to still make the top 8.

That's 40% of their wost ever losses happening in season 2009. Admit it Dan, the Broncos were ****e last year...

Not to mention losing 10-40 against Storm in a preliminary final, their worst final loss ever.

I think in 2008 when they lost in the semi final against melbourne in the last few seconds of the game when they dropped the ball ,really must have had an impact on them the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Titans are always hard to beat at home.

The Cowboys can have Mason. But the prick could have a good season. You never know.
        Now the Titans need to work on their away games. Plus they got Greg Bird this season as well.
        Last edited by ???; 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post

LOL, so what, its called a form slump. We had ordinary games, but we had games where we looked pretty good also. You could do what you just did with most teams. All you did was highlight the **** games. How about when we held the Dragons, who were runaway comp leaders and favourites for the Premiership, scoreless at their home ground?

We made the prelim finals and lost to the Premiers. That is as good or better than what we achieved the majority of years we had Bennett. Also, considering the side we had, I think we did better than if we still had him.

Anyone who thinks a team that made the prelim final were ****e knows nothing about rugby league or the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
            I think in 2008 when they lost in the semi final against melbourne in the last few seconds of the game when they dropped the ball ,really must have had an impact on them the following year.
            That makes no sense.

I don't know what everyone expects of the Broncos. We did well to make the preliminary final with that list.

Comment

That makes no sense.

I don't know what everyone expects of the Broncos. We did well to make the preliminary final with that list.
              I agree Dan, the Broncos are always a hard to beat team I find. They won the Premiership in 06 which isn't that long ago when you really think about it and have been serious contenders every other year since.

If I was Broncos fan I would be pretty happy with them to be honest.

Comment

I agree Dan, the Broncos are always a hard to beat team I find. They won the Premiership in 06 which isn't that long ago when you really think about it and have been serious contenders every other year since.

If I was Broncos fan I would be pretty happy with them to be honest.
                Yeah, we gotta play under the cap just like everyone else. Also, we don't have the monopoly over QLD talent like we used to. Just because we are the most decorated, commercially successful and well-supported team in the league, doesn't mean we automatically should be out-performing everyone every year.

We have been a very successful franchise over 2 decades. The best over that period. I guess it is a tribute to how good we are that we can make the prelims and people will say we were ****.

Comment

Yeah, we gotta play under the cap just like everyone else. Also, we don't have the monopoly over QLD talent like we used to. Just because we are the most decorated, commercially successful and well-supported team in the league, doesn't mean we automatically should be out-performing everyone every year.

We have been a very successful franchise over 2 decades. The best over that period. I guess it is a tribute to how good we are that we can make the prelims and people will say we were ****.
                  I think that sum it up pretty well.

Is this Darren's last session?

Comment

I think that sum it up pretty well.

Is this Darren's last session?
                    To be honest I hope it is Darren's last season but I doubt it will be. It would be good to see him go out somewhere near the top of his game, but I get the sense that he will look to play at least one more after this one and maybe even another two.

Comment

To be honest I hope it is Darren's last season but I doubt it will be. It would be good to see him go out somewhere near the top of his game, but I get the sense that he will look to play at least one more after this one and maybe even another two.
                      I think he's starting to slip a bit now as well. Just a few things I noticed in his game towards the end of last session made me wonder how much longer he was going to go on for.

Comment

Working...
                      X