Green-Jones Jr build-up show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green-Jones Jr build-up show

Anyone watch this?

I thought it was ordinary. Maybe I have just been spoiled by the awesomeness of the HBO 24/7 shows but I didn't think this show did a great job of hyping this fight.

Something tells me this fight isn't going to do well money wise. I don't think it will do to great on MainEvent to be honest.

On a side note, Bernard Hopkins was freaky as ****. Real weird.

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    Anyone watch this?

I thought it was ordinary. Maybe I have just been spoiled by the awesomeness of the HBO 24/7 shows but I didn't think this show did a great job of hyping this fight.

Something tells me this fight isn't going to do well money wise. I don't think it will do to great on MainEvent to be honest.

On a side note, Bernard Hopkins was freaky as ****. Real weird.
    did u see it on mainevent?

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
      did u see it on mainevent?
      Nah it was on one of the Fox Sports channels last night.

Comment

Also, the fights they showed on MainEvent on FreeView to promote it were stupid.

I turned it on at around 11 30 last night and Jones-Tarver III is on. I mean, wtf, that fight was terrible and Roy fought like a decaying corpse.

Comment

Also, the fights they showed on MainEvent on FreeView to promote it were stupid.

I turned it on at around 11 30 last night and Jones-Tarver III is on. I mean, wtf, that fight was terrible and Roy fought like a decaying corpse.
          It's all Danny green fights today. I just watched Green-Beyer 1. I felt sorry for him after watching that. Shame he never won the rematch.

I'm starting to lean towards wanting Green to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
            It's all Danny green fights today. I just watched Green-Beyer 1. I felt sorry for him after watching that. Shame he never won the rematch.

I'm starting to lean towards wanting Green to win.
            Yeah, I remember feeling for Green after that fight. That was just horrible. Seeing the emotion in the dressing room after as well. I remember thinking that has got to be ****.

I was surprised that Danny couldn't win the rematch, Beyer outboxed him thoroughly and was just clearly the better fighter.

When you look at it, Green should be tailor made for Jones. Its not like Danny is that hard a hitter and he is easy as all hell to hit. By all logic Jones should tattoo him all night and win a wide UD.

However, there is always a chance with a guy that is so old and has been fighting professionally for 20 years that he will grow old in the ring. If that happens Danny is in the condition that will allow him to take advantage of that.

Comment

Yeah, I remember feeling for Green after that fight. That was just horrible. Seeing the emotion in the dressing room after as well. I remember thinking that has got to be ****.

I was surprised that Danny couldn't win the rematch, Beyer outboxed him thoroughly and was just clearly the better fighter.

When you look at it, Green should be tailor made for Jones. Its not like Danny is that hard a hitter and he is easy as all hell to hit. By all logic Jones should tattoo him all night and win a wide UD.

However, there is always a chance with a guy that is so old and has been fighting professionally for 20 years that he will grow old in the ring. If that happens Danny is in the condition that will allow him to take advantage of that.
              Jones doesn't have the stamina anymore to work all night. He'll play rope-a-dope and throw in quick hooks and uppercuts whilst leaning back. He'll catch Green plenty just using this strategy alone.

I'm concerned that this won't be enough though. Green is the hardest hitter Jones has faced since Trinidad, and Jones fought a different fight against Trinidad.
              In the later rounds if Jones gets gassed and drops his guard a little whilst laying on the ropes, it will allow Green the opportunity to sneak in some hard right hands. These have the potential to change the outcome of the fight.

Green has an excellent stiff jab also.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                Jones doesn't have the stamina anymore to work all night. He'll play rope-a-dope and throw in quick hooks and uppercuts whilst leaning back. He'll catch Green plenty just using this strategy alone.

I'm concerned that this won't be enough though. Green is the hardest hitter Jones has faced since Trinidad, and Jones fought a different fight against Trinidad.
                In the later rounds if Jones gets gassed and drops his guard a little whilst laying on the ropes, it will allow Green the opportunity to sneak in some hard right hands. These have the potential to change the outcome of the fight.

Green has an excellent stiff jab also.
                What you say is correct although I think Green as a LOT more power than the version of Trinidad that fought ROy.

Make no mistake about it, Green has a good chance in this fight, but the way I see it it all depends on Roy's performance. If Roy still has sufficient stamina and has trained properly for this fight, he should just be able to counter Green effectively and win an easy decision.

I'm not saying that is definately what will happen though.

Comment

If Roy can hit you, and hit you whenever he wants... you are going to have a long night.

Roys legs and stamina are also considerably underrated. It's a bandwagon opinion that everyone just seems to go with. It doesn't mean he can move like he used too... but it certainly doesn't mean he can't move fast still. Certainly faster then Green in every physical aspect. And I gaurantee you Roys stamina is at least on par with Green, and probably far exceeds it.

This isn't Tarver III Roy... Please believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    If Roy can hit you, and hit you whenever he wants... you are going to have a long night.

Roys legs and stamina are also considerably underrated. It's a bandwagon opinion that everyone just seems to go with. It doesn't mean he can move like he used too... but it certainly doesn't mean he can't move fast still. Certainly faster then Green in every physical aspect. And I gaurantee you Roys stamina is at least on par with Green, and probably far exceeds it.

This isn't Tarver III Roy... Please believe that.
                    I'll disagree on the stamina issue, thats about it.

I agree that they key is that Green is easy to hit. Roy should be able to tattoo him all night, as I said.

Do you think it is odd that in an attempt to hype this fight they put Tarver-Roy III on? That seems ridiculous to me.

"Hey, lets put that one on where the superstar wasn't even trying, looked in ordinary shape and fought like a dead person".

Comment

Working...
                    X