Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karmichael Hunt to play AFL in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big publicity stunt, doesn't really have much AFL attributes in him, I daresay they'll give him a bit of time in a lower grade next year then put hide him for a game or two in the forward pocket to draw crowds.

Personally I think a better idea publicity wise may have been to sign someone like Preston Campbell, I guess he'll be quite old by 2011 but he has always loved the Gold Coast and I think could've been a handy on baller in his day.

Comment

Of course it's publicity based.
      But how many of you Rugby League diehards would tune in to his first match in the AFL even for curiosity's sake? There is a very good reason why the AFL are keen to make it happen.

Besides if he makes it in the AFL how many other players might think about switching? I love League and AFL so I will enjoy watching him play either code.

Comment

As I said this will ring alarm bells in the NRL.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          Are you a bit disappointed with the Titans crowds this season? I would be considering they have been so successful this season, particularly at home.
          Yeah, it could have been better.

Round 1 - 16,203
          Round 3 - 19,854
          Round 6 - 18,510
          Round 11 - 16,126
          Round 16 - 20,031
          Round 18 - 14,840
          Round 20 - 26,336

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
            As I said this will ring alarm bells in the NRL.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html
            It will be another blow if he goes to AFL especially with the Western Sydney team joining the AFL in 2012.

Comment

It's all going downhill for the Broncos lately. Reckon the Karmichael defection had anything to do with their 56-0 loss on the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                It's all going downhill for the Broncos lately. Reckon the Karmichael defection had anything to do with their 56-0 loss on the weekend?
                No, not really.

We have been playing that poorly for a while now. Our enthusiasm is rock bottom, our play lacks any imagination, everyone is playing terribly. It might have had a minor effect but the problems are deeper than that.

Comment

Guess you're really missing Wayne Bennett. By the way, who's the player with the alleged major drug problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                    Guess you're really missing Wayne Bennett. By the way, who's the player with the alleged major drug problem?
                    It is Darren Lockyer without a doubt.

And yes, as much as I hate to admit it we are really missing Wayne. I said at the time Ivan was the wrong choice and I stand by it.

Comment

Yeah, I did think it was him.

Comment

Working...
                      X