No announcement yet.

Our Cricket Team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
    Yeah i will do, but closer to the time because i've got my points bet on fights before then.
    No worries. Hit me up when the time comes.

Comment

What about that catch by Haddin with his legs?

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
        What about that catch by Haddin with his legs?
        Yeah, symbolic of the entire series really. We definately caught the breaks this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
          Yeah, symbolic of the entire series really. We definately caught the breaks this time round.

No it's symbolic of Haddin's glovework all series and the series in Australia. He has put a few down and let a lot of bye's through. He needs to lift his game behind the stumps. He isn't no Healy, Gilchrist or Marsh.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
            No it's symbolic of Haddin's glovework all series and the series in Australia. He has put a few down and let a lot of bye's through. He needs to lift his game behind the stumps. He isn't no Healy, Gilchrist or Marsh.
            Sure his glove work isn't up to that level but I think it is good enough and his batting is definately of a high enough level.

When you say he "needs to lift his game" you sound like we have someone who offers any sort of reasonable alternative. We don't. Haddin is number one and daylight is second.

Comment

To this day I still can't understand what all the fuss was about when England beat Australia in 2005? It was the first time England won the Ashes in 20 odd years and they acted like they won the World Cup or something with month long celebrations and double-decker bus rides thru London.

England were brought back to reality with a thud in 2006 Ashes series with a 5-0 drubbing thanks to Warnie and McGrath. Loved the look on the Poms faces when they got 450 odd runs in Adelaide thinking they'd beat Australia when enter Shane Warne and the English were crying bad after they were beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                Sure his glove work isn't up to that level but I think it is good enough and his batting is definately of a high enough level.

When you say he "needs to lift his game" you sound like we have someone who offers any sort of reasonable alternative. We don't. Haddin is number one and daylight is second.
                Haddin is the best option but he needs to work on his keeping and work hard. You are spot on there is no other obvious alternative that's why he needs to improve. Especially when he is up at the stumps. I just don't have the confidence in him I had in past keepers for Australia. Without giving away my age I've been watching a while.

Comment

Working...
                X