No announcement yet.

I need some ideas!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some ideas!!!

I'm currently studying fine arts at university and I was wondering if I can ask you guys for help.
    I love boxing and a while back, I decided to incorporate it into my artwork and I haven't turned back since. I've remained with the theme of boxing for almost 5 years now, and for a particular class.. I can't come up a workable idea related to the notion of boxing that I haven't undergone recently.

For one project this year, I'll be tracking the movement of a boxer in a ring as he's fighting.

http://amally.deviantart.com/
    There is some of my work displayed up there.

So, if anyone can hit me up with any interesting ideas.. I'd love to listen.
    Thanks guys!

-Amal

Originally posted by Amally View Post
    I'm currently studying fine arts at university and I was wondering if I can ask you guys for help.
    I love boxing and a while back, I decided to incorporate it into my artwork and I haven't turned back since. I've remained with the theme of boxing for almost 5 years now, and for a particular class.. I can't come up a workable idea related to the notion of boxing that I haven't undergone recently.

For one project this year, I'll be tracking the movement of a boxer in a ring as he's fighting.

Thanks guys!

-Amal
    r u female??

Comment

its just really weird, a middle eastern girl following boxing, and getting onto a boxing forum and I still don't understand what your asking for in your question.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
        its just really weird, a middle eastern girl following boxing, and getting onto a boxing forum and I still don't understand what your asking for in your question.
        Who said anything about me being middle-eastern?
        If you can't help me out, that's cool.
        I just need some ideas for some great artwork in relation to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
          r u female??
          Yeah, I am

Comment

Originally posted by Amally View Post

Thanks guys!

-Amal
            Does it have to be painted?

it would be interesting if you could get a professional boxer and took an photo/image of his face everyday. Especially if he's a semi pro.

i mean - you could watch how his face loses and gains weight depending on what weight he's trying to maintain - aswell as noticing the black eyes, bust lips.. grazes as his year goes on - through the bouts and the sparring.

Other than that, you could always paint a boxer whilst he's sat in the corner of the ring. It's an interesting/dramatic place and would be different to any conventional boxing picture.

Just sayin...

Comment

24/7. Copy it.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
                Does it have to be painted?

it would be interesting if you could get a professional boxer and took an photo/image of his face everyday. Especially if he's a semi pro.

i mean - you could watch how his face loses and gains weight depending on what weight he's trying to maintain - aswell as noticing the black eyes, bust lips.. grazes as his year goes on - through the bouts and the sparring.

Other than that, you could always paint a boxer whilst he's sat in the corner of the ring. It's an interesting/dramatic place and would be different to any conventional boxing picture.

Just sayin...
                I'm majoring in Painting/Drawing... so it has to fit along those lines somehow.

I'd love to try your idea though outside of uni, unfortunately.. I'm a terrible photographer and don't have access to a decent camera, or a boxer of somesort lol

Funny you should mention a boxer sitting at the corner of a ring; I did a series of paintings of boxers being "defeated", but they were all plunged onto the canvas in weird positions.
                I'll definitely add that idea to my diary.
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                  try having a look at the check hook.(Just don't paint mayweather knocking out hatton on it.)

the ali ali shuffle could be incorporated into your work as that is a very dramatic motion used in the ring.

lol, mental note - don't paint Mayweather knocking out Hatton with a check-hook. Got it.

There's an idea there too, maybe doing a serious of paintings of popular moves/motions in the boxing ring.
                  Which would work since I'm a sucker for the classics when it comes to boxing. Especially bare-knuckle ones like James Figg.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X