No announcement yet.

Throwing It In - Staying With Follow Soccer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing It In - Staying With Follow Soccer

Im pretty upset with the sport. And as news has been breaking that Paul Briggs can't secure a fight at 168 or LHW.. And that Anthony Mundine is fighting Sam Soliman, again when there is absolutely no reason for a rematch, i have decided to have some time off following the sport.

Im not to sure when i will be back here posting anymore. Maybe soon. Maybe never.

I have just lost the passion that this sport once gave me, because of the corruption and politics used in the sport, and mainly Australian Boxing...

So Talk Soon (Maybe)....

Won't be back for a while. (maybe a few weeks/months)

Had a great time talking to you all. Especially MG, Brently, Benny, Infesta, the list goes on and on. Brunswick. Etc etc.

I will come back once i have got my passion back for the sport.

Ult,

hope to see you back some time soon.

but if your passion is for the boxers and not for boxing it's always going to be a bit of an uphill battle

Comment

hope to see you back some time soon.

but if your passion is for the boxers and not for boxing it's always going to be a bit of an uphill battle

Comment

It is a hard to sport to follow I find sometimes and for me it's not for the reason you've listed it's more because the lack of coverage and how hard it is the see decent boxing live, especially with the time difference in the USA and every decent card being on PPV.

If you've pined you're hopes on the likes of Mundine etc then you've set yourself up for disappointment.

I have to say I'm pretty pumped with Katsidis fighting soon, which I find you've totally forgotten about and never seemed to pay much interest in.

Comment

I think Ult just needs to see the new RAMBO movie, I think it will make him feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            It is a hard to sport to follow I find sometimes and for me it's not for the reason you've listed it's more because the lack of coverage and how hard it is the see decent boxing live, especially with the time difference in the USA and every decent card being on PPV.

If you've pined you're hopes on the likes of Mundine etc then you've set yourself up for disappointment.

I have to say I'm pretty pumped with Katsidis fighting soon, which I find you've totally forgotten about and never seemed to pay much interest in.
            The media, State and Federal Governments treat Boxing like ****! They give grants to gay hockey, aerobics and other bull**** sports yet give Boxing the cold shoulder. There's been no exposure of Boxing since the Championship winning years of Fenech, Harding, Ellis, Famechon, Michael and Rose.

When Katsidis won WBO Title vs Earl there was a two minute story of it on the news. People like Mundine give the media and Governments every reason to dis Boxing with the BS that's happening at the moment!

Every DVD shop I go to has nothing on Boxing! What a joke!!! I have to bloody order mine from overseas!

Comment

Hope to see you soon ULT.

There is a secret to not getting deflated with boxing mate.
              It's just a simple leap off the Mundine bandwagon. The guy has let you down time and time again. He is not interested in taking any risks or stepping it up to fight the best there is. You have consistently defended him like the loyal fan you are, but the sad realisation is the guy either thinks he can't beat the top guys or is only interested in fighting guys he knows can't hang with him in the ring. It seems if you hold a paper title you don't have to fulfil a mandatory defence and can therefore fight as many bums as you like, whilst attempting to line your pockets with PPV money that is simply not earned.

There - did I cover everything?
              Seriously though mate - find yourself a warrior to look up to and I'm sure you'll get a lot more out of the sport besides disappointment.
              Take care Bro.

Comment

Working...
              X