No announcement yet.

Billy Dib v Jorge Linares for WBC Featherweight title on May 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Dib v Jorge Linares for WBC Featherweight title on May 3

Guys, just read that Billy Dib will get a title shot against WBC Jorge Linares on the undercard of Dela Hoya/Forbes.

This will be a very competitve matchup IMO and Dib has a good chance of winning this fight. Dib has excellent skills and from what I've seen of him. His defence and in particular his head and body movement is superb.

Linares is no pushover though and from the limited footage I have seen of him he looks pretty solid all round, with good power.

Hopefully Dib take this one.

thoughts?

Dib is a quick hitter, very accurate, stable on his feet. His brother was telling me how hard he has been training. I was sitting with Billy at the Mundine fight and he can't wait for his championship chance.

Id bet my house on him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IZYAXS View Post
      Dib is a quick hitter, very accurate, stable on his feet. His brother was telling me how hard he has been training. I was sitting with Billy at the Mundine fight and he can't wait for his championship chance.

Good to hear. Yeh heard he is a nice guy.

Im definetely going to watch this nervously. Hope he wins.

Comment

he has surrounded himself with good fighters and has trained with the right people, he lives with Shane Mosely if I'm not mistaken and also spent a lot of time in the UK with Naseem Hamed and Brendan Ingle, so he has really taken his career seriously and looked to put himself in the best position to excel. He definitely has the right attitude.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Dibb will beat Linares really needs to watch a few of his fights. Linares is no push over, matter of fact he's an awesome fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            Anyone who thinks Dibb will beat Linares really needs to watch a few of his fights. Linares is no push over, matter of fact he's an awesome fighter.
            Have to agree with that. Sorry, can't see the fairytale happening for Dib in this one. Linares is just to polished for him at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical Rat View Post
              Have to agree with that. Sorry, can't see the fairytale happening for Dib in this one. Linares is just to polished for him at this stage.
              Nice to see a realist on here. I'd love to see Dibb win, but Linares is a well schooled fighter with way more power than Dibb. Plus this is a big step up in class for him. Linares has fought much tougher guys and beaten them convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by IZYAXS View Post

You better start looking for a new place to live, if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
                  Nice to see a realist on here. I'd love to see Dibb win, but Linares is a well schooled fighter with way more power than Dibb. Plus this is a big step up in class for him. Linares has fought much tougher guys and beaten them convincingly.
                  I was thinking the same thing. If anyone thinks Dib is a definite chance to win they need to go and check out Linares again. While he has a chance I certainly wouldn't bet my house on it, or if I was to bet my house at all, it would be on Linares unfortunately.

I really hope Dib can get the win and it will be an exciting fight either way and a huge opportunity for another Australian to make some waves in the boxing world, but, Linares is a damn good fighter. One of the better fighters in the smaller classes going around today and he has beaten the much better competition and as Brently said, he has done it in very convincing fashion.

I'm not really even sure I would want Dib to fight Linares yet. It could be a bad move from his management depending on Dibs mental strength. If he has the capacity to learn and come back from a loss a better fighter then by all means take the fight, but if he is similar to Hamed and his ego gets crushed by a loss it's probably not the greatest idea at such an early stage.

They could push him a bit slower than sticking him in with a guy of Linares' caliber already. I mean, from what I understand, he hasn't even really faced a strong contender or definite threat yet.

Hmmm, I don't know...I'll most certainly be watching and hoping for the best but this could turn out to be a bad move on Dibs part.

Comment

ill tell you something, I think Dib lacks the mental strength.
                    i mean linares beat larios convincingly.
                    but i thought billy had to get past salido first in order to get a shot at the world title.

Comment

Working...
                    X