No announcement yet.

briggs article: green/retirement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
    briggs has better one shot power imo.. id say that danny would put a string of power shots together better...

would love to see this fight and id NEVER rule briggs out
    Me to. Would definetely be a war. Could be FOTY material. I hope to see it soon. If Paul is to have one more shot, it should be Danny.

If not, i totally respect him for putting his family first.

Comment

Briggs hasn't fought in almost a year. I'd have to say Danny would win this one. It would be a bloodbath regardless but. 2 years ago, I would of backed Briggs, very entertaining fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
        Danny has got the better of Paul during sparring sessions.
        No way Ultimate! Green is tough but Briggsy's tougher! Blood will flow that fast the colour will still be purple before going red, no doubts! Briggs could even stop Danny in later rounds. We know Green hasn't got the best stamina as evidenced against Sean Sullivan! Danny looked like he had 10 crackiola pipes mumbling during interview!

Comment

Originally posted by Brunswick Assassin View Post
          No way Ultimate! Green is tough but Briggsy's tougher! Blood will flow that fast the colour will still be purple before going red, no doubts! Briggs could even stop Danny in later rounds. We know Green hasn't got the best stamina as evidenced against Sean Sullivan! Danny looked like he had 10 crackiola pipes mumbling during interview!
          That may be the case.

But im just telling you what i saw briefly and my friends watched for a while.

Sydney PCYC gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunswick Assassin View Post
            Danny has excellent cardio, the Sullivan fight is a bad exmple because Danny had a virus going into that fight and really should not have taken that fight, thats why he was delirious after the fight and carried on the way he did.

In terms of the toughness stakes I'd call it pretty even, Danny took some monster right hands from Mundine and didn't flinch and has only been down once in his career, Briggs can take some serious punishment as well and I don't think he's been down many times at all either (maybe Gonzales dropped him?). They are both tough as nails.

This would be a GREAT fight, definitely worth the ppv $.

Comment

i can't even see Briggs taking this fight. i don't think there is any money in it for him.

not many people in OZ have ever heard of him!. Danny Green?..well Green was lucky that he became known from the controversy of his first Beyer fight...which put him into the spotlight.

Mundine...he is the man and always will be.

Briggs is better off chasing Mundine if he wants a better pay cheque.

I can't see Green risking his belt against Briggs for no money either.

Comment

Working...
              X