No announcement yet.

Jeff Fenech v Erik Morales @ Featherweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brunswick Assassin View Post
    Fenech fought better fighters than Morales! Victor Callejas, Marcos Villasana, Jerome Coffee, Shingaki, Payakarun, Nelson (got robbed silly!), John Farrell, Daniel Zaragoza, Steve McCrory, Carlos Zararte, Go Go Navaro. Fenech ducked nobody. Morales was very lucky to win first, second was close, and Barrera owned him in the third! Barrera even owned him at the weigh in and even called him gay! Morales is a champion fighter and tough as nails Mexican but a "peak" Fenech would just be way too strong and tough for a "peak" Morales. Fenech is easily one of the biggest and strongest featherweights in Boxing history. Fenech even gave Jeff Harding a hard time during sparring! Fenech should have fought as Middleweight.
    Actually I agree with you. Although I'm not sure on the outcome. It would be a good fight but I think I would go with Fenech. He is underrated at the moment but many had him P4P No. 1 for a while.

His resume, while many put it down, is actually stunning! He beat a lot of very, very good fighters. Zaragoza was in his prime when he fought Fenech and he whipped him. Morales fought him when Zaragoza was an old man and couldn't put away...not that thats any indication of how the fight would go. Just that Fenech was a damn strong, hard fighter who, before Nelson 1, would of given any featherweight in history a seriously hard fight!

I think he could beat Morales making him brawl enough to win a hard, tough fight in a war similar to Morales/Zaragoza.

Comment

I can't belive what i am reading on this one.

Morales would and could crush Fenech anytime anywhere and ofcourse anyplace.

Comment

Originally posted by sub101 View Post

People have been talking like Morales was glass chined and had no boxing ability. Morales could always fall back on his boxing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by sub101 View Post

C,mon, be realistic. Fenech fought some of the best featherweights ever and he was never dominated. In fact, in his prime he was never even really that close to losing a fight (apart from the second Nelson fight which could be said to be in his prime). I mean, what makes you even say that? What fight or fights in their primes make you think that Morales would crush Fenech easily? Do you even know about Fenechs career and who he fought? I mean properly know who he fought?

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
          People have been talking like Morales was glass chined and had no boxing ability. Morales could always fall back on his boxing ability.

Man, I agree completely. I have always wondered why some people think Morales could be KO'd. Obviously apart from Pacquiao when he was a truly shot, shot fighter and simply couldn't keep his legs from giving way he was one of the greatest chins in the sport if not the best chin. He had fantastically amazing boxing skills but as in so, so many of his fights he was easily drawn into a war. I think that was the only problem I saw in this fight.

If Morales could use his boxing skills, yes, he could win a decision but I think that Fenech could of drawn him into a fight as he was a big strong featherweight. Much like in the Zaragoza/Chavez/Hernandez/Barrera/In Jin Chi/Espadas etc fights he was pulled from his great boxing into a slugfest. I personally think that Fenech could of been one the few who could have beaten Morales at that type of fight. Some of the aforementioned fighters had success when they smothered Morales and that was what Fenech was really great at doing.

If anyone is being underrated though I think it is Fenech. We all know Morales was a stunning fighter, who, if he fought right could of beaten just about anyone at his weight I can think of. But, conversely, Fenech also fought some truly great fighters, which everyone seems to forget, and beat nearly all of them and even his losses when he had gone to ****e were against young, fantastic fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Actually I agree with you. Although I'm not sure on the outcome. It would be a good fight but I think I would go with Fenech. He is underrated at the moment but many had him P4P No. 1 for a while.

His resume, while many put it down, is actually stunning! He beat a lot of very, very good fighters. Zaragoza was in his prime when he fought Fenech and he whipped him. Morales fought him when Zaragoza was an old man and couldn't put away...not that thats any indication of how the fight would go. Just that Fenech was a damn strong, hard fighter who, before Nelson 1, would of given any featherweight in history a seriously hard fight!

I think he could beat Morales making him brawl enough to win a hard, tough fight in a war similar to Morales/Zaragoza.
            Morales TKO/KO.

One step ahead of Fenech in both heart and talent.

Comment

who cares the both suck

Comment

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
                who cares the both suck
                WTF. That makes no sense. This is the reason why no one takes the aussie forum seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
                  Morales TKO/KO.

One step ahead of Fenech in both heart and talent.
                  Ok. I can see where you are coming from. Well, actually, no I can't. Throw us a few reasons why you think Morales would KO Fenech Ultimate? Also, when did you ever see Fenech have no heart? That is a bit baffling. I can dig that a lot of people don't seem to like him as a person but no heart? Thats pushing it.

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
                  who cares the both suck
                  lol. After getting most of Morales' career fights I have to say, and he has always been one of my favourite fighters, that he has one of the most stunning, exciting careers of any fighter to have ever fought! Every fight he has been in has been simply a pure pleasure to watch. Easily one of the best fighters of the last two decades and probably the most exciting fighter of the last two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Ok. I can see where you are coming from. Well, actually, no I can't. Throw us a few reasons why you think Morales would KO Fenech Ultimate? Also, when did you ever see Fenech have no heart? That is a bit baffling. I can dig that a lot of people don't seem to like him as a person but no heart? Thats pushing it.

lol. After getting most of Morales' career fights I have to say, and he has always been one of my favourite fighters, that he has one of the most stunning, exciting careers of any fighter to have ever fought! Every fight he has been in has been simply a pure pleasure to watch. Easily one of the best fighters of the last two decades and probably the most exciting fighter of the last two decades.
                    just piss taking mate, i havent seen much morales because i have never really cared for the mexican fighters. mainly i think because of chavez. I definately need to watch some more of them

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
                      WTF. That makes no sense. This is the reason why no one takes the aussie forum seriously.
                      id rather be the aussie lounge piss taker, then the aussie lounge ******. How long have u been around?? How many people actually care for your 400000 mundine posts?? Oh NO1! lol go learn some SEO and promote ur **** elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X