Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Beckham The Best Soccer Player To Come Out Of England?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your spelling was atrocious, that's all.

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
    I understand that when a brit mentions football, they are actually talking about soccer, but to the rest of the world, they could be talking about one of many sports.
    That simply isn't true. You mention football in any country in Europe & they'll know you mean football (soccer).

You haven't given me these 4-5 different sports with the same name.

Rugby union is Rugby Union, Rubgy league is Rugby league, so how did you work out they have the same name? And Rugby union & league are NOT known as football in England, where the hell have you picked that up from? I'm baffled.

Australia is lbs for lbs the best sporting nation in the world no doubt about it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now.
    How did you work that out?

Rugby - At least 4 teams better than you
    Football - Non-existent
    Cricket - You dominate most of the time, but you aren't the clear best
    Olympics - See below

The only reason you do so well at the Olympics is because there are so many different swimming events & no one really cares about how far someone can jump, or how fast you can travel across 100m etc etc.

Oh btw, nice try at the ashes..
    Cricket? Never did anything for me but yeah, England competely bottled it, unlike the Ashes before the last.

You may not want to be anywhere else in the world but you were born in England and you cannot change that, though you seem to be trying your best to be an Aussie. You cannot change your nationality, you are who you are, stop kidding yourself and stop being a fake.

I actually don't mind aussies, I have Australian family, but the aussies have a serious chip on their shoulder when it comes to the English.
    Last edited by War For 94; 12-08-2007, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by War For 94 View Post
      Your spelling was atrocious, that's all.

That simply isn't true. You mention football in any country in Europe & they'll know you mean football (soccer).

You haven't given me these 4-5 different sports with the same name.

Rugby union is Rugby Union, Rubgy league is Rugby league, so how did you work out they have the same name? And Rugby union & league are NOT known as football in England, where the hell have you picked that up from? I'm baffled.

How did you work that out?

Rugby - At least 4 teams better than you
      Football - Non-existent
      Cricket - You dominate most of the time, but you aren't the clear best
      Olympics - See below

The only reason you do so well at the Olympics is because there are so many different swimming events & no one really cares about how far someone can jump, or how fast you can travel across 100m etc etc.

Cricket? Never did anything for me but yeah, England competely bottled it, unlike the Ashes before the last.

You may not want to be anywhere else in the world but you were born in England and you cannot change that, though you seem to be trying your best to be an Aussie. You cannot change your nationality, you are who you are, stop kidding yourself and stop being a fake.

I actually don't mind aussies, I have Australian family, but the aussies have a serious chip on their shoulder when it comes to the English.
      from the experience i have had in my travels, football could mean any of the sports i mentioned. So you need no longer to be baffled. I actually feel good for helping you out with some new information, i just hope your not to narrow minded to let it in.

Australian dominates the cricket... yes
      We do well in union.... yes
      We OWN the commonwealth games.....yes
      We rank high in the olympics....yes
      We were in the world cup soccer finals.....yes
      We flogged england in the soccer.....yes
      We place high in both mens and womens hockey....yes
      We woop in leauge....yes
      we rank highly in softball.....yes

i would go through more, but i think you get the point.

how many people live here? whats that! only 21 million people, on that huge island!! wow thats pretty impressive... as far as head per capita australia is lbs for lbs the best sporting nation, period.

I also have no problem with the british, i do have a problem with people trying to impose THEIR thoughts as the be all and end all. Narrowminded people are the downfall of the modern world... take the whole afghanistani thing for example. 90% of my family live back in britain and i know them as fun crowd, so i am by know means belittling the british people, i am simply saying im glad i dont live their anymore.

Im certainly not a fake, i dont pretend im a born australian, i simply take pride in the fact that im an australian citizen and follow the australian way of life. I dont ever remember denying being english born. Take it from someone with more then one dimension, australia is the place to be.

Comment

oh btw i hope your not taking this bantar to heart, i'd hate to imagine it was affecting your real life. Im finding in quite amusing. Just ask mikeyb... im a ****. But its all with love.

Comment

from the experience i have had in my travels, football could mean any of the sports i mentioned. So you need no longer to be baffled. I actually feel good for helping you out with some new information, i just hope your not to narrow minded to let it in.
          I have never met one single person who refers to Rugby union & league as Football, so I'm still baffled.

You have only taught me that you have met some peculiar people that call Rugby union & league...football.

Australian dominates the cricket... yes - Yep
          We do well in union.... yes - Australia do well,, they do not dominate like you're making out
          We OWN the commonwealth games.....yes - No one cares apart from Australians and yourself though
          We rank high in the olympics....yes - Already explained this one
          We were in the world cup soccer finals.....yes - So were Togo
          We flogged england in the soccer.....yes - LOL What?
          We place high in both mens and womens hockey....yes - And how often do you hear about Hockey? Who cares?
          We woop in leauge....yes - Australia still don't dominate
          we rank highly in softball.....yes - Softball? Seriously? You're making a case for SOFTBALL?

i would go through more, but i think you get the point. - LOL I think you should go on mate, because you have not got one single point.
          I also have no problem with the british, i do have a problem with people trying to impose THEIR thoughts as the be all and end all.
          Australia has a real chip on it's shoulder when it comes to England, they need to get over it.

Im certainly not a fake, i dont pretend im a born australian, i simply take pride in the fact that im an australian citizen and follow the australian way of life. I dont ever remember denying being english born. Take it from someone with more then one dimension, australia is the place to be.
          So you're an Australian citizen? So what? That means nothing to be honest, just that you turned your back on your country. I would NEVER turn my back on England, NEVER. You obviously do see yourself as an Australian because you have called yourself WE when describing how good Australia are at Sport, see above fake.

If I had to choose between Australia and say...Spain for a holiday, I would choose Spain every...single...time.

Comment

oh btw i hope your not taking this bantar to heart, i'd hate to imagine it was affecting your real life. Im finding in quite amusing. Just ask mikeyb... im a ****. But its all with love.
            Of course I'm not, it's just a little discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by War For 94 View Post
              Of course I'm not, it's just a little discussion.
              good to see.

well to be honest, i havent turned my back on england. I was moved here when i was young and australia is where i was raised. Sure i have been back and seriously as a country didnt rate it, but i wouldnt say i turned my back on it.

and its a true story, australia flogged england in the soccer, do a bit of research and you can read it. I really think you are misreading what i say... i dont remember saying australia dominate union. There is a difference between what i am saying, and what you want me to have said. You have actually proven my point for me. You agree we rate highly in a vast range of sports. Now find me a country with less then 21m people that also share this feat.

I cant talk for a nation, but i fail to see this chip you keep talking about. Australians are in general all about whinding up the british, and they seem to enjoy the bantar also. Its something that actually brings the nations closer to gether then you think.

And sure, i consider myself australian. I dont deny that i was born in england, and i dont even have a problem with that, but for some1 that has spent 20 of his 24 years in australia, i can tell you that the land down under is where my heart lies. I fail to see how this makes me a fake, but if thats what you want to call me then thats fine by me.

I have had fun with this, it has provided some light entertainment for the evening, but i think its taken away from the original thread, so i will let the soccer lovers get back to what the thread was originally about.

Comment

I remember watching Beckham when he made his debut in 1996 and he played some great soccer winning the double (ie. League/FA Cup) in 1996 and the treble in 1999 (League, FA Cup and European Cup) and he played a significant role in those years. Since then he has become a BUM of a player whose only potent weapon is his free kick! Beckham is a PAPER champ in every sense of the word. I have never seen him run at players and take them on. He plays soccer like a 'scardey' boy! His wife has his balls! The same goes for Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistleroy! All these players are spoon fed by their clubs and the same fate awaits these BUMS also. Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan, Maradona, Gullit, Bergkamp, Cantona, Stanley Matthews, Ryan Giggs, Van Basten, Platini, Stuart Pearce, Dennis Laws, Ferenc Puskas. This whole crop of players was just devastating and could have played in any era. Todays Paper Champ players wouldn't last two minutes in these guys world!

As for the Greatest England player? No one can touch Alan Shearer! Not only is Alan Shearer England's Greatest player he's in the top 3 "Greatest Ever players" ever to have graced a soccer pitch. The man could do it all cracking goals from virtually anywhere, scoring with either head or foot, could change the direction of the game within an instant. I grew up watching Alan Shearer terorising defences all over Europe and it was great to watch!
                Last edited by Brunswick Assassin; 12-08-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

why doesn't any1 give recognition to today's crop of sportsmen.
                  It's always previous generations of players that are the elite.

Comment

interesting thread to read.

infestacide gives us a stack of reasons why australia is great and war of 94 shows us he's a narrow minded twat.

Comment

Australians are good at sport. More sucessful in some than others.

P4P Australia and England do very well considering the scales of population to other nations.

Australia i think (although im not to knowledgable on the subject) put more effort into teaching the kids sport. More effort should be put into the youths of today, at school and at weekends to get them fit and interested in playing games.

As for cricket in England - its quite elitist. Dare i say it, but you have to be rather posh to play cricket in England. When it becomes more open to the working classes in England, thats when we'll start winning at the Waca. We need cricket pitches next to our council estates instead of red-light districts.

Comment

Working...
                      X