No announcement yet.

It's official Mundine is back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
    I can't see why Mundine didn't get Bute or Lacy down here. Both he could beat comftorably. Imagine Mundines confidence when he fights Kess now. Its going to be shot. And hes not going to exchange enough, which was what lost him the fight last time. I thought washing his lense in his mouth would be the dumbest thing he would ever do. But this has to be it.

I had a dream the other night, he chose a bum who was throwing haymakers. And knocked Mundine out in the 3rd.
    His eye has nothing to do with whom he's fighting. He'd still be fighting a bum. There's other good name fighters he could have fought out there. Andre for one. Either way I think you have to be really really honest with yourself and admit that Mundine will never deliver his promises in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
      His eye has nothing to do with whom he's fighting. He'd still be fighting a bum. There's other good name fighters he could have fought out there. Andre for one. Either way I think you have to be really really honest with yourself and admit that Mundine will never deliver his promises in the ring.
      Yep you might be right.
      Seems he is just trying to hold on to what he deems as a world title for as long as he can or he is taking absolutely no chances at all in making sure he gets his big payday with either Calzaghe or Kessler. Lacy would have been an excellent choice I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
        Yep you might be right.
        Seems he is just trying to hold on to what he deems as a world title for as long as he can or he is taking absolutely no chances at all in making sure he gets his big payday with either Calzaghe or Kessler. Lacy would have been an excellent choice I reckon.
        As much as I bag out Mundine I wish he would prove me wrong but he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
          As much as I bag out Mundine I wish he would prove me wrong but he doesn't.
          I have to agree with you. He is wasting his arse on bums. But im gonna wait to see if he delivers on his promises until after the Kessler fight. Hes a heavy under dog, but if he wins that then i think he just fill those promises. An absolute long shot though.

Comment

He said he wants too value his time as champ and defend it a few times before he steps up the competition, because last time he lost it straight away (against kessler), thats not a champions attitude... as much as I like the bloke I think hes a glory seeker, i use too praise him just as much as ultimate but now he's making me think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by KoolWillie View Post
              He said he wants too value his time as champ and defend it a few times before he steps up the competition, because last time he lost it straight away (against kessler), thats not a champions attitude... as much as I like the bloke I think hes a glory seeker, i use too praise him just as much as ultimate but now he's making me think otherwise
              Well that straight away tells me he thinks he can't take that next step up against the better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
                Well that straight away tells me he thinks he can't take that next step up against the better fighters.
                Yeah that's pretty true. Granted Mundine has ability & speed. But everyone keeps making excesses for him.
                The Guy isn't the real deal, he doesn't want to fight the best, he never has and never will. I think it's time people stop supporting his ****ty PPV's and stupid live gate ticket prices.

Comment

i just dont know why any promoter would have clavero back in the country after that briggs fight.

one interesting thing.. clavero has pretty good head movement and seems hard to tag with the jab. mundine is going to have to punch in combinations and wont be able to jab a decisive win like he did against the last argie

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                    i just dont know why any promoter would have clavero back in the country after that briggs fight.

one interesting thing.. clavero has pretty good head movement and seems hard to tag with the jab. mundine is going to have to punch in combinations and wont be able to jab a decisive win like he did against the last argie
                    You make sound like it could be a remotely interesting fight. I think it's a PPV for you mg.

Comment

If he wins and he lands a bout with the winner or calzaghe kessler i would give him a good chance of winning but hes taking too much risks by taking on low ranked fighters, what if he looses his back too sqaure one and nobody will care about his PPV's or his ticket prices as floyd mayweather says always think smart buisness, boxing is buisness at its best

Comment

Working...
                      X