Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSW peoples

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good stuff!!! why do aussies call us poms by the way? i never got round to asking anybody and always wondered

Comment

Originally posted by -jaboxide- View Post
      good stuff!!! why do aussies call us poms by the way? i never got round to asking anybody and always wondered
      I don't think that even the Aussies know the real reason. There are plenty of tall tales going around, but no real answer to the 'pom' mystery.

Comment

bloody aussies, all them deadly creatures you have and your scared of a bit of rain
        The rain flushes out the snakes!

Comment

Originally posted by MBL View Post
          The rain flushes out the snakes!
          haha and the drop bears lose grip more often in rain

not sure.. never even thought about it

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
            I don't think that even the Aussies know the real reason. There are plenty of tall tales going around, but no real answer to the 'pom' mystery.
            The main thought on this is that...

POME stands for Prisoner of Mother England. Because back after the creation of Australia, the only immigrants were english prisoners. Therefore - nearly all English folk who arrived were Pome. This escalated towards ozzies calling all English folk Pome.

It has also been said that its not POME. .. but Pohm. - Prisoner of her majesty.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
              The main thought on this is that...

POME stands for Prisoner of Mother England. Because back after the creation of Australia, the only immigrants were english prisoners. Therefore - nearly all English folk who arrived were Pome. This escalated towards ozzies calling all English folk Pome.

It has also been said that its not POME. .. but Pohm. - Prisoner of her majesty.
              Nah, those just don't sound realistic. They're probably urban myths.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                haha and the drop bears lose grip more often in rain

not sure.. never even thought about it
                When I get to Australia I'm watching out for those muvvafugging drop bears.

Comment

When I get to Australia I'm watching out for those muvvafugging drop bears.
                  haha be vigilant beo.. those ****s are lethal..

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                    haha be vigilant beo.. those ****s are lethal..
                    I'' have to forget about the snakes and the salties. Watching drop bears sounds like a full time job.

Comment

Nah, those just don't sound realistic. They're probably urban myths.
                      urban myth?! wtf. trust me, i'm a history graduate.

look it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X