This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Fix View Post
    ive heard rent is expensive in australia... i was thinking about moving the other day, starting fresh. i think i could do it in about 3 years.
    Yeah rent it expensive depending on where you live. The more closer you are to the CBD the more expensive the rent is. Unless you move out into one of the small country towns, where the rent is quite cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
      It's a part of the Gold Coast, about thirty kilometers from Surfers (the main drag).

Yeah most of the population is on the east coast. The centre is just a big heap of desert and nothing.

I don't know many comparisons, but in Brisbane I'm in a house paying 450 for four bedrooms in a decent house close to the city.
      450 is that bi-weekly? monthly? EDIT- nevermind
      Last edited by The Fix; 01-30-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woftam View Post
        No mate
        You can choose to live in the city or the suburbs or the beach or in the country. Rents in my area average around $300 per week which is around £150. I'm about 10 minutes from the beach. But if I wanted to get a place right on the foreshore then that price would double at least.
        oh ok, so rent out there is weekly. thats pretty decent, especially if you are by the beach. right now, me and my friends are paying 1300 a month for a two bedroom apartment thats close to a liquor store and a bar lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
          Yeah rent it expensive depending on where you live. The more closer you are to the CBD the more expensive the rent is. Unless you move out into one of the small country towns, where the rent is quite cheap.
          cbd? not to sure what that means.

Comment

• central business district. the city basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fix View Post
              cbd? not to sure what that means.
              Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
              central business district. the city basically.
              Yeah what he said. The more closer you are to middle of the city the more the rent you should pay because you're closer to shops, schools, business etc.

Comment

• Mornin aussies

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxclever View Post
                  Mornin aussies
                  Hello. How are you?

Comment

• Nicole Kidman sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Nicole Kidman sucks.
                      Agreed 100%.