No announcement yet.

How to get a dog to gain weight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a dog to gain weight??

My dog caught Parvo when he was 2 months old, he survived it, and ever since, he does not like to eat very much. He absolutely hates wet foof(canned) and when we give him his Eukanuba food, which is good food, he only eats about 5 or 6 little circles and goes about his business he drinks water normal, but we just can't get him to eat like he should.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can give him to get his appetite back or something to help him gain weight, he's very thin!

I want to try something before I try the Vet because they are mostly rip offs.

Sorry to hear that. But maybe you should try the Vet first, but do some research for yourself into the matter before going. Ive had past experiences where the vet would prescribe certain meds for this and that...when we didnt even need them.
    Maybe try switching to a different brand of food? who knows it may be worth a try.

Comment

Do you have two dogs? They eat better when there's competition, when they know if they don't eat it all the other one will get it. When I had one dog, he'd let his food sit all day, but now I have two(chows) they eat it all right away.

Once one was avoiding food when he was sick once and the vet told me to try scrambled eggs or cottage cheese. He suddenly got his appetite back! But he got spoiled and when he was healthy he resisted dog food expecting me to give him human food. But that passed.

Comment

McDonalds! Supersize it! Feed him double cheese burgers, fries and shakes!

In a week you'll hardly recognize him.

Comment

I read this a long time ago, I was wondering what worked and how it turned out?

Comment

Feed em table scraps instead of actual dog food.

Comment

Working...
            X