Who's the greatest Mexican boxer of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    It’s an outrage that Salido hasn’t been mentioned. He gets my vote
    Salido was a tough-as-nails journeyman perhaps in the top 30 but most certainly not elite.

Comment

Canelo doesn't have other all time great wins on his resume like Morales, Barrera and Marquez but at 30 years old he's far from done and is clearly the best in the sport right now so time will tell. I think he has 3 or 4 prime boxing years yet.

Comment

My top 5:
        Julio Cesar Chavez
        Salvador Sanchez
        Ruben Olivares
        Carlos Zarate
        Juan Manuel Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          1. Sanchez

2. Chavez

3. Marquez

4. Morales

5. Barrera

6. Napoles

7. Finito Lopez

8. Arce

9. Leo Santa Cruz

10. Chiquita
          A fine list of Mexican greatness. But you forgot one of the best and to some the greatest, El Puas Olivares.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post

A fine list of Mexican greatness. But you forgot one of the best and to some the greatest, El Puas Olivares.

Ahh yes the great Olivares. I'd have no beef with anyone replacing his name with Chiquita's.
            Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Salvador Sanchez. My all time greatest if the greats. Hes God status. When he whipped up on lil red two times. Lil red was a bloodied up pińata after them beatings. Y. Que, the he opened up a can of Dolores on Wilfredo Gomez. Mex vs PR.

Mexicans never submit, Puerto Ricans known to submit to the white mans A U T H O R I TAY. O TAY
              ummm, I’ve seen Chavez sr quit , Chávez jr quit, Morales quit, Raul Marquez quit, Angulo quit, Oscar quit and the guy with the most quit jobs ever in boxing history = Victor Ortiz. Never say never.

Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post

The same Ruben Olivarez who has 13 losses and was knocked out 9 times, including KOs by such worthies as Rafael Gandaria (Who?)? The fact is Olivarez lost almost every time he stepped up in competition. Come on, refresh my memory why is he considered an all-time Mexican great? Apart from close family members perhaps who considered Olivarez the greatest Mexican fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  ummm, I’ve seen Chavez sr quit , Chávez jr quit, Morales quit, Raul Marquez quit, Angulo quit, Oscar quit and the guy with the most quit jobs ever in boxing history = Victor Ortiz. Never say never.
                  My Mexican bro in law, I got three, but the Guadalajara fool thinks real Mexicans never quit.

He is all about Canelo.
                  Jab Jab Boom, I’m going to share this with my bro in law..

Sal Sanchez was my idol as a kid. So was Zaragoza, my sisters know more about boxing than most dudes.

I love watching Ortiz quit. Seeing PAC dismantle de la dildo was awesome.

PAC never quit, he got kTFO, but that’s boxing. No same there.

excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

Ahh yes the great Olivares. I'd have no beef with anyone replacing his name with Chiquita's.
                    That pic of a dork with a fine Latina…. I see that in Silicon Valley regularly.

I love Olivares!

Comment

When it's all said and done after Canelo unifies and then goads SOG out of retirement and sends him back into retirement it'll be hard not to have Canelo at number juan.

Comment

Working...
                      X