No announcement yet.

WOW Salido was robbed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW Salido was robbed!

I don't post much anymore on here but I am still a die hard boxing fan. I never miss any good fights. Anyways, this past weekend I saw one of the worst robberies of my life. I mean some people can say that It was close fight or that Salido is dirty and what not, but no man this was a clear robbery. Some people can say it was Karma for Salido not making weight against Lomachenko and fighting dirty. I can see where people are coming from in that perspective, but I am just talking about this fight, Salido VS Martinez 2. What can I say? Salido was the aggressor the whole fight, isn't that ring leadership? He outanded Martines in total punches, Body blows, and power punches. The numbers clearly showed the advantages. So what happened?

Sorry Puerto Ricans but Martinez is a BUM! This guy has been given to many gifts in his career. He is a C level fighter and does not deserve to be champion. If he had any honor and was fair he would vacate his title and ask Salido for a rematch. He should learn from his paisano Danny Garcia and at least admit when he is given a gift. When Garcia was given the decision against Peterson he went over to Peterson and told him "You won the fight.", But no, the "Alien Looking Martinez" had the nerve to say he thought he clearly won. what a joke this guy is, pinche punching bag is all he is!

Its sad when boxers train so hard and sacrifice everything, including their life just to be robbed. I understand that there is a lot of money involved and the promoters, managers and sponsors needed a third fight to make a greater profit out of these two fighters, but people lives are at steak here!

The night before Peter Quillen put a beating on this poor guy and had to be taken out on a stretcher and with oxygen. This sport is no joke? Enough is Enough! There needs to be some sort of investigation by the government when these things happen..
    Last edited by RIZO24; 09-15-2015, 10:31 AM.

He truly did get robbed man. We all seen it coming since Martinez is a damn haymon fighter. I think they will setup a 3rd one. Hopefully salido can Put away this fool so it doesnt have to go tot the judges

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      He truly did get robbed man. We all seen it coming since Martinez is a damn haymon fighter. I think they will setup a 3rd one. Hopefully salido can Put away this fool so it doesnt have to go tot the judges
      I remember right before the decision was announced that the damn Haymon Twins were in Martinez corner smiling while others were telling Martinez who knows what? but it seemed to me that everyone in Martinez corner knew that as long as he didn't get knocked out he would win. It was disgusting man! The fight was great but the decision was horrible, To have Martinez winning and even giving him a draw was plain stupidity! I had the fight like 117-111, I gave Martinez two rounds, the round in which he knocked down Salido and round 10, that's it, in every other round he was out landed and beat to ****,

Comment

The sad thing is that a guy like Salido is never going to get the respect he deserves. He will fight him again, do the same thing and not get the W. Boxing is fixed man, it's a shame because the sport I love is rotten to it's core.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          The sad thing is that a guy like Salido is never going to get the respect he deserves. He will fight him again, do the same thing and not get the W. Boxing is fixed man, it's a shame because the sport I love is rotten to it's core.
          You are absolutely right! Boxing is my favorite sport and I have a lot of passion for it, but these decisions are driving me away.

I also hate how boxing has become so segregated with Al Haymon fighters only fighting among themselves, same with Golden Boy and Top Rank only fighting their own. It sucks bad! Also the term "number contender one" has no meaning at all, back then if you were a "number one contender" meant that you were next in line for a title. Today a promotional company builds their fighters up against low opposition and when they feel they can match their fighter against some champion, with less fan appeal and someone they can beat , they make the fight. its embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            You are absolutely right! Boxing is my favorite sport and I have a lot of passion for it, but these decisions are driving me away.

I also hate how boxing has become so segregated with Al Haymon fighters only fighting among themselves, same with Golden Boy and Top Rank only fighting their own. It sucks bad! Also the term "number contender one" has no meaning at all, back then if you were a "number one contender" meant that you were next in line for a title. Today a promotional company builds their fighters up against low opposition and when they feel they can match their fighter against some champion, with less fan appeal and someone they can beat , they make the fight. its embarrassing!
            You said something that I have been saying for a long time. One of the major problems with boxing is the promotional system. It differs from what the UFC is doing, which is better for the fans.

The UFC operates on the premise that one organizations makes the fights. Which is great for the fan, but bad for the fighters if they aren't paying them what they deserve.

In boxing it's the other way around. It's a promotional system, but the promoters won't work with each other. I been saying this forever, Al Haymon is BAD for the sport, not good. Sure you get fights on NBC, ESPN and other networks once in a while, but we aren't seeing GBP, and Haymon work together so that splits the sport right down the middle.

Shame where it's gone to.

Comment

Pinches jueces celeros siento mal por Salido.

I don't use the word robbery that often but that's exactly what this was. There's no way that fight was a draw. I had Salido winning 8 rounds clearly. And to think one judge had Martinez winning 7 rounds to five, pfffffffffft, no way.

Worst decision of the year

Comment

Salido outworked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Hands down he won that great entertaining fight. He gets respect, he was fighting on a ppv card when he was written off. He fought a great fight against Martinez and was on a PPV next.

Salido fights, people tune in

Comment

Working...
                  X