No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia FULL Puerto Rican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    que dicen los verdaderos boricuas de la Isla ... acceptan a Danny y su padre o no?
    Opinion dividida. La gente que es como Danny, lo acepta. Pero a Angel hay que aceptarlo porque el si es boricua. Me atrevo a apostar que le gusta la salsa y los boleros.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      Gue ninfuna x

Si pues claro, tambien en wikipedia dicen que es de Puerto Rico pero no ponen nombres. Por estos rumbos se save que la madre es gringa.

Pero lo que importa aqui es que Garcia no sigue ninguna tradicion o costumbres Boricuas. Pero ay como quieran!

Estoy seguro que si hubiera varios campeones Boricuas a Garcia ni lo tomaban en cuenta, Y Garcia ni hablara de ser Boricua. Garcia dice ser Boricua para tener mas fans y mas dinero y algunos Boricuas lo acceptan asi por la triste situacion que pasa el boxeo Puerto Riqueno.
      Something similar con Erislandy Lara. He took a picture with the Mexican colors in his trunks and it read something like '' Un saludo a toda la gente bella de Mexico''.

Everybody tries to milk the fans out of our pennies with anything .

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
        Something similar con Erislandy Lara. He took a picture with the Mexican colors in his trunks and it read something like '' Un saludo a toda la gente bella de Mexico''.

Everybody tries to milk the fans out of our pennies with anything .
        we bring the $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
          we bring the $$$$$$$$$$
          No shit .

You got over 30 million Mexicans in the US (excluding Illegals) plus 118,395,054 in Mexico.

Comment

No shit .

You got over 30 million Mexicans in the US (excluding Illegals) plus 118,395,054 in Mexico.
            yessir we are taking over

my beef is with the cubans in miami. I blame them for Rigo not getting the exposure he deserves. If he fought in a publix parking lot out there I doubt it would fill....I dont get it

just like how you explained how Lara wore Mexican colors and a sombrero to win us over...he leans on us for a fan base rather than his own people?

The boriquas seem to do a good job in supporting their fighters (cotto)

and on the west coast the filipinos are good fans....as well as armenians.

I get that in cuba there is no professional boxing but why does it seem cuban americans dont support their fighters???

Ive always wondered that....I feel bad for Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
              yessir we are taking over

my beef is with the cubans in miami. I blame them for Rigo not getting the exposure he deserves. If he fought in a publix parking lot out there I doubt it would fill....I dont get it

just like how you explained how Lara wore Mexican colors and a sombrero to win us over...he leans on us for a fan base rather than his own people?

The boriquas seem to do a good job in supporting their fighters (cotto)

and on the west coast the filipinos are good fans....as well as armenians.

I get that in cuba there is no professional boxing but why does it seem cuban americans dont support their fighters???

Ive always wondered that....I feel bad for Rigo
              A huge percentage of Cubans in Miami don't really care about boxing. Which explains why Gamboa, Rigo, Lara and the rest haven't taken big steps in the boxing world.

And just 3 months ago pro boxing in Cuba was re-installed by the Government. The boxers can compete in tournaments around the world for money.

Comment

A huge percentage of Cubans in Miami don't really care about boxing. Which explains why Gamboa, Rigo, Lara and the rest haven't taken big steps in the boxing world.

And just 3 months ago pro boxing in Cuba was re-installed by the Government. The boxers can compete in tournaments around the world for money.
                Yeah im not asking about the island I was asking about the Cubans here in the states.

Why are they not loyal to their fighters? Is boxing just not popular amongst cubans???

Comment

I think sometimes some people need to be reminded that Spanish is a European language... ya know... the white man's language. It's just as much the 'white man's language' as English is. Some bizarre comments in this thread, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    He is as Puerto Rican as Cameron Diaz is Cuban or Selena Gomez being Mexican. Plus he is half Puerto Rican descent because his mother is Anglo.
                    It does not matter where you are born but you have to embrace a certain cultures values and norms to be part of that culture.

You can be full Ethnic Mexican like Mark Sanchez or Mario Lopez, meaning that they come from direct Mexican lines, but they will not be accepted into that culture if they do not follow the custom and values.

You can be third or fourth generation Mexican-American and not speak a single word of Spanish, eat tortillas or follow any Mexican traditions and still be Ethnic Mexican but you are no longer culturally Mexican. But If you are third or fourth generation Mexican- American and try to speak Spanish, eat tortillas or Mexican foods, and consider yourself full Mexican, then you are a full Mexican, Ethnically and Culturally.

**** all that about Nationality, especially here in the United States, they don't consider you a full American unless you are white, they call us Mexican-American.

I feel sorry for the idiots who try to act all white and turn their back on their Mexican roots because at the end of the day, secretly, their white friends, co-workers, and bosses still consider them Mexicans
                    Well you got the mother thing wrong. His mom is from Guayama PR.

Comment

Fun Fact: Miguel Cotto was born in Rhode Island.

Comment

Working...
                      X