Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latinos who live here in the states....are you a proud American?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
    I am only proud of things I achieve. I was born into it really therefore it's just a given to me. It's like me saying that I am proud my height or something along those lines. Also saying I'm a proud American, Brit etc just causes division IMO. We are all one! When people say they are proud this and that, prejudice can also arise.
    lol which part?
    Is not that I don't understand what you're saying, I just don't understand why you would believe being proud of anything makes us different from each other, everybody is proud of something

Comment

I am only proud of things I achieve. I was born into it really therefore it's just a given to me. It's like me saying that I am proud my height or something along those lines. Also saying I'm a proud American, Brit etc just causes division IMO. We are all one! When people say they are proud this and that, prejudice can also arise.
      Sorry but this is pure nonsense. I understand what you are trying to say but to even think for one second that your culture, or country doesn't have an influence in who you are is absurd.

While I don't think I'm responsible for everything Mexico has done, it's culture, music, food, music, attitude on life etc...has heavily influenced who I am.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Mexicans are such tough fighters even though they consist of very different ethnic groups? It's because of the pervasive attitude in Mexico that is taught from birth. Not to mention it's hard living there, even for the well off.

Try living in Mexico City for one month and you will see things you will never see in America or Europe for that matter. It changes who you are and when you mix in the cultural teachings, it makes up a big part of you.

Patriotism is good, nationalism isn't. There's a difference. I'm not against any other country or race, but I am proud of being a Mexican or of Mexican descent.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
        Proud Latino-American (by naturalization). Although people think I'm American because I've been here since I was 7.
        atta boy....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          No, que chingue su madre este país.

:mexico1:
          Este wey es bien mamon. Me cae bien.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          I will also add I feel little loyalty for Mexico the country.
          I appreciate it's history, and it's beauty

The United States is my home and where I want to die and be buried one day.
          hell I even have a tattoo of one of its cities

yet I feel a strong loyalty to my Mexican people and our culture

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
            a ****..............sound the alarm..................ALT ALERT ALT ALERT

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I'm different than most I think because of the time that I spent in Mexico. I lived there for basically half my life, so even though I'm an American citizen, I see myself very much as a Mexican.
              same here...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Sorry but this is pure nonsense. I understand what you are trying to say but to even think for one second that your culture, or country doesn't have an influence in who you are is absurd.

While I don't think I'm responsible for everything Mexico has done, it's culture, music, food, music, attitude on life etc...has heavily influenced who I am.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Mexicans are such tough fighters even though they consist of very different ethnic groups? It's because of the pervasive attitude in Mexico that is taught from birth. Not to mention it's hard living there, even for the well off.

Try living in Mexico City for one month and you will see things you will never see in America or Europe for that matter. It changes who you are and when you mix in the cultural teachings, it makes up a big part of you.

Patriotism is good, nationalism isn't. There's a difference. I'm not against any other country or race, but I am proud of being a Mexican or of Mexican descent.
                Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                Is not that I don't understand what you're saying, I just don't understand why you would believe being proud of anything makes us different from each other, everybody is proud of something
                I can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
                  check the date... that's when i was a good poster

Comment

Proud No ! Try living in the South. No matter how much of an American you consider you're self, Born or raised. But, I am happy to be born here.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusEG View Post
                      Proud No ! Try living in the South. No matter how much of an American you consider you're self, Born or raised. But, I am happy to be born here.
                      In the same in the UK as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X