No announcement yet.

I'm NOT sold on Cotto.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Cotto is a very good champion, Marquez is a HOF fighter.
    true..........

Comment

I have to laugh about something. The great Antonio Margarito, who is praise around here as one of the best, have a W in his resume that is consider his best WIN. You know against who that W is? Against MIGUEL ANGEL COTTO jajajajajajaja (knee, miguel papi and all that bla bla is funnier right now)

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        More than anything, cotto is a peoples champ type of fighter, taking on tough challengers/not shying away from anybody and providing fans with great fights. How many undefeated fighters/champions have crossed paths with cotto and walked away with a loss?

His resume is solid, and hof worthy imo. If he would drop back down to 147, he would be a top dog again, beating marquez, guerrero, bradley, and even pacquiao imo. Mayweather is the only one who imo will always be just too skilled for cotto.

Just a comment/question on marquez, what exactly makes him atg worthy that doesnt apply to others....cotto specifically?
        Wow!!!is this Miguel Cotto posting?? So he would beat all the top dogs at 147? If Marquez KO Pacquiao you don't think Marquez can beat him? Or a Fast tough Bradely? Come on man, you do realize Cotto is not a young dog anymore right?

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          I have to laugh about something. The great Antonio Margarito, who is praise around here as one of the best, have a W in his resume that is consider his best WIN. You know against who that W is? Against MIGUEL ANGEL COTTO jajajajajajaja (knee, miguel papi and all that bla bla is funnier right now)
          That's why it's absurd to disrespect Cotto. Cotto is a great fighter and Marg's win over him was a big deal.

In the all time rankings, Cotto is higher up than Marg.

Jmm is on ATG level all together though.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            Wow!!!is this Miguel Cotto posting?? So he would beat all the top dogs at 147? If Marquez KO Pacquiao you don't think Marquez can beat him? Or a Fast tough Bradely? Come on man, you do realize Cotto is not a young dog anymore right?
            Styles make fights, marguez does not have the volume nor speed to trouble cotto like pacquiao did, nor is he a dynamic puncher like pacquiao was.

Give cotto 4 cracks at pacquiao, and im sure hed pick up a definitive win.

And its not a knock on marquez. Marquez is a tremendous technician. That said, cotto would be some 15-20 lbs heavier than marquez on fight night, and ultimately be just too much for marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              That's why it's absurd to disrespect Cotto. Cotto is a great fighter and Marg's win over him was a big deal.

In the all time rankings, Cotto is higher up than Marg.

Jmm is on ATG level all together though.
              I'm not arguing about JMM in this thread. JMM skills are ATG, but his resume is as good as how his fans will call it. Him dominating Pac through out his career is better than anything Cotto did. But that is about it. His W against MAB is as legit as Hatton W over Tsyu. A lot of people dont want to admit but it is what it is.

About Tony, I know that victory was big when it happened. That is why I laugh when people are so critical about Cotto's resume and talking about vacant title, when he actually fought top 10 fighters in his two real good weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                Styles make fights, marguez does not have the volume nor speed to trouble cotto like pacquiao did, nor is he a dynamic puncher like pacquiao was.

Give cotto 4 cracks at pacquiao, and im sure hed pick up a definitive win.

And its not a knock on marquez. Marquez is a tremendous technician. That said, cotto would be some 15-20 lbs heavier than marquez on fight night, and ultimately be just too much for marquez.
                based on what? when has Cotto shown he can beat fighters on Pac's level? he could BARELY WIN A ROUND vs Pac.....

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                  Talking him up? The guy is the third biggest attraction on this side of the world after Floyd and Pac. His career was more than PR following. Actually he is hated here so Earl comment made no sense. He was describing someone else and that was my point.

I always wonder why people keep repeating that he never dominated a weight class. The fighters that he didnt faced that really matter at 140 was Hatton and Floyd. Cotto was ranked #3. He beat top 10 fighters like N'dou, Maussa, and Corley. Because they werent great fighters, dont mean Cotto didnt dominate that weight class. So that theory that he wasnt the best or dominate 140 is BS. If someone thinks that beating Vivian Harris and Witter would made Cotto resume better, well that is your opinion. IMO, Ricardo Torres was better than them.

Again in 147 he didnt face Floyd. But he beat 5 top 10 WW. Even if you think Judah was a mental midget, Cotto beat him, Mosley, Urkal, Quintana and Clottey. All were ranked top 10 during that period. Only name that would matter and solidify him is PWill. Would it change anything if he had beat Margarito the first time? According to some people in the forums Margarito was nothing and that W would be consider garbage (I dont concurred with that).

I know that some idiots make him look like a god and that he is an ATG. But if you look closely at his career and follow the period where he was fighting, he was going against the top fighters of his division most of the times (aside from Gomez and Jennings of course) and he had a great career. Losing to two ATG, one in a competitive fight, does not diminish your career.
                  wtf does that have to do with his resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                    based on what? when has Cotto shown he can beat fighters on Pac's level? he could BARELY WIN A ROUND vs Pac.....
                    Im rusty on my translating of red, anybody care to help?

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      true..........

waz up bro...............

Comment

Working...
                      X