No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia Father: Clown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
    You're gonna have dudes like this everywhere. As fans we need to have discernment and be able to separate the characters & antics in the sport from the boxers, their work and their respective talents.

If there's one thing I agree with Garcia's dad about is that Holt does hit harder than Khan...but Garcia had a hard enough time catching an old Morales who didn't even have his legs under him anymore...Khan, talent wise, is just simply on another tier from both Holt AND Garcia

i got Khan by UD here
    Not only did he have a hard time catching him, he was getting out boxed in the middle rounds by Morales.....easily. He just has no legs and nothing left in the tank.

Khan will keep him at the end of his jab and look to drop the right hand on him. Garcia isn't a pressure fighter and will try and box him and I can see this fight being stopped or a tko or ko by Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Not only did he have a hard time catching him, he was getting out boxed in the middle rounds by Morales.....easily. He just has no legs and nothing left in the tank.

Khan will keep him at the end of his jab and look to drop the right hand on him. Garcia isn't a pressure fighter and will try and box him and I can see this fight being stopped or a tko or ko by Khan.
      A lot of people keep bring up the Morales fight.....but did Maidana not have problems with Morales and some thought Morales lost......Maidana nearly had Khan out on his feet

I honestly dont think people should look at that fight as some sort of precursor for what will happen in this fight.

Furthermore, the exact thing I am hearing about Garcia is the same things I heard about Peterson.....slow, no power etc.......I firmly believe this will be a lot closer than what people are saying especially if Garcia survives the early rounds where Khan seems to excel.....

Comment

It's pretty funny how much he makes himself look like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
          A lot of people keep bring up the Morales fight.....but did Maidana not have problems with Morales and some thought Morales lost......Maidana nearly had Khan out on his feet

I honestly dont think people should look at that fight as some sort of precursor for what will happen in this fight.

Furthermore, the exact thing I am hearing about Garcia is the same things I heard about Peterson.....slow, no power etc.......I firmly believe this will be a lot closer than what people are saying especially if Garcia survives the early rounds where Khan seems to excel.....
          I brought up the Morales fight because Garcia is going to box and I don't think he can box from the outside with Khan, that's my point.

Also, Peterson is a very different fight because he fought inside and had success there. I don't see Garcia taking it inside, that's not his game.

I see them standing outside and that's where Khan is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I brought up the Morales fight because Garcia is going to box and I don't think he can box from the outside with Khan, that's my point.

Also, Peterson is a very different fight because he fought inside and had success there. I don't see Garcia taking it inside, that's not his game.

I see them standing outside and that's where Khan is best.
            Good points.

I just think that somewhere in the fight, whether its pre determined or not, they are gonna try and fight on the inside as Khan is absolutely amateurish when it comes to infighting. Cuz I agree that staying on the outside with Khan will just give Khan the opportunities to flurry in and out. If this happens during the fight I have no doubt they will at least try and change it because I think Peterson didnt initially plan on following Khan around the ring and getting close but was made to because fighting on the outside was getting him killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
              I'm a huge Garcia fan, but his dad was beyond disrespectful. That was horrible to watch and he should be ashamed of himself.

What's sad is people who don't know Danny Garcia as a fighter, and are perhaps being introduced to him through this fight, are now going to judge him based on someone else's words because he is his father. That was just a mess.
              The problem is that Garcia is allowing his father to act like an ass. His father is living through him and Danny. If somebody is making an ass out of you, your responsibility is to step up and bring things to a certain level.

Trust me with all of Garcia's father antics they are not selling the fight that way.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                The problem is that Garcia is allowing his father to act like an ass. His father is living through him and Danny. If somebody is making an ass out of you, your responsibility is to step up and bring things to a certain level.

Trust me with all of Garcia's father antics they are not selling the fight that way.
                I know it doesnt make me want to see the fight more than before. But it would be funny to see his old man crying after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I understand what you are saying, but I'm sure in those vids you can hear Danny saying chill, let him talk and relax to his father a few times. He looked embarrassed imo, but probably didn't want to disrespect his father.

To me the sins of the father shouldn't fall on the son, but that is just the way I think. Maybe it's different for me because I have conversed with him many times on Twitter and he comes across as the polar opposite to what his dad was doing.

Comment

i like his dad the way he belives in his son is a good thing.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
                      Good points.

I just think that somewhere in the fight, whether its pre determined or not, they are gonna try and fight on the inside as Khan is absolutely amateurish when it comes to infighting. Cuz I agree that staying on the outside with Khan will just give Khan the opportunities to flurry in and out. If this happens during the fight I have no doubt they will at least try and change it because I think Peterson didnt initially plan on following Khan around the ring and getting close but was made to because fighting on the outside was getting him killed.
                      That would be smart I just don't know how good of an in fighter Garcia is. It will be interesting to see what happens in this fight. Khan's chin always makes it worth watching because if he gets touched, he could go down.

Comment

Working...
                      X