Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puerto Ricans Do you accept Dulorme representing PR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el.azteca View Post
    Kameda the little mexican. People support him but dont fcking claim he is mexican like these morons there is a diffrence. There is also this black guy who fought on telefutura who does the same thing mexicans will cheer him on but in no way will we claim he is mexicans. And napoles is the same thing people supported him but no one claimed him as being mexican.
    Thats because Kameda hasnt lived all his life in Mexico.

Can we seriously get a better comparison over here?

Comment

We support fighters who love Mexico and call it there home but we dont accept them as Mexicans unless they have Mexican ethnicity or are born in Mexico..

Comment

Originally posted by el.azteca View Post
        Kameda the little mexican. People support him but dont fcking claim he is mexican like these morons there is a diffrence. There is also this black guy who fought on telefutura who does the same thing mexicans will cheer him on but in no way will we claim he is mexicans. And napoles is the same thing people supported him but no one claimed him as being mexican.
        Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
        We support fighters who love Mexico and call it there home but we dont accept them as Mexicans unless they have Mexican ethnicity or are born in Mexico..
        With Napoles it was more than support. It was accepting, Mexicans claimed Mantequilla more than they claimed Oscar.

Maybe you guys don't. But, the majority of Mexicans claimed him more than they claimed Oscar.
        Last edited by Roman Moreno; 05-20-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

No, for a long time Napoles was heralded as a Mexican champion...and even till this day he's listed as Cuban-Mexican.

You keep saying Mexican "ethnicity"...There is no Mexican "ethnicity", lol, Mexican isn't an ethnicity, nor is it a race, nor is there such thing as Mexican "blood"....ur realizing this,right? If i take a blood sample of generational families from Guatemala and Mexico, I wouldn't be able to tell who's Mexican and who is Guatemalan.

Mexico is a place fam. Like Miami, Baltimore, New York is a place. And it's a Nationality, like American is a Nationality. It's defined by geographical borders, not genetic or racial make-up. So I ask you, what would be the difference between you considering someone who was born in Mexico as a "real" Mexican, and someone who wasn't born there but was raised there their whole life?

Cotto was born in Rhode Island, is he not puerto rican? Margarito was born in Cali, is he not Mexican?

Comment

I didn't know that..

I have to look at him as Dominican now..

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
              No, for a long time Napoles was heralded as a Mexican champion...and even till this day he's listed as Cuban-Mexican.

You keep saying Mexican "ethnicity"...There is no Mexican "ethnicity", lol, Mexican isn't an ethnicity, nor is it a race, nor is there such thing as Mexican "blood"....ur realizing this,right? If i take a blood sample of generational families from Guatemala and Mexico, I wouldn't be able to tell who's Mexican and who is Guatemalan.

Mexico is a place fam. Like Miami, Baltimore, New York is a place. And it's a Nationality, like American is a Nationality. It's defined by geographical borders, not genetic or racial make-up. So I ask you, what would be the difference between you considering someone who was born in Mexico as a "real" Mexican, and someone who wasn't born there but was raised there their whole life?

Cotto was born in Rhode Island, is he not puerto rican? Margarito was born in Cali, is he not Mexican?
              Bro.. Ethnicity and race is totally different. Ethnicity is more like a group of people who share a common language, cultural beliefs, religion, common ancestry, or (but not necessarily) race and nationality . Race is people who share the same skin color. Heres a link of the definition..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groupIn Mexico there are blacks, whites, indigenious and even Asian people, those are all different races. MArgarito even though his nationality is American because he was born in Torrance, California is Still Ethnic Mexican, He shares a common heritage, cultural beliefs, and language.. His ancestors were Mexican.. He is of Mexican Descent.. Dulorme while he is black in race, he is from the Virgin Islands in nationality and Dominican by Descent.. I mean you can respect and accept him as Puerto Rican becasue that is his wish but in reality he is not Puerto Rican.. Es Dominicano el Guey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                With Napoles it was more than support. It was accepting, Mexicans claimed Mantequilla more than they claimed Oscar.

Maybe you guys don't. But, the majority of Mexicans claimed him more than they claimed Oscar.
                My father grew up watching Napoles, and he said people respected him and rooted for him for becoming a Mexican Citizen.. However he also said people never accepted him as a true Mexican because he was not Ethnic Mexican.. Napoles was not of Mexican Descent or born in Mexico... Era Cubano de nacimiento.. as far as Oscar goes, people did not accept more because of Jealousy.. People hated because women loved him, oh and dont forget that he beat up two very loved Mexican idols at that time.. Jorge "Maromero" Paez and Julio Cesar Chavez.. But OScar is very much so Ethnic Mexican, el guey come tortillas, habla espanol, sus ante pasados eran Mexicanos.. Oscar is American in nationality but of Mexican descent.. Dulorme while he might be a naturalized Puerto Rican was not born there and is of Dominican descent. Its just a fact get over it already!!!!

Comment

My father grew up watching Napoles, and he said people respected him and rooted for him for becoming a Mexican Citizen.. However he also said people never accepted him as a true Mexican because he was not Ethnic Mexican.. Napoles was not of Mexican Descent or born in Mexico... Era Cubano de nacimiento.. as far as Oscar goes, people did not accept more because of Jealousy.. People hated because women loved him, oh and dont forget that he beat up two very loved Mexican idols at that time.. Jorge "Maromero" Paez and Julio Cesar Chavez.. But OScar is very much so Ethnic Mexican, el guey come tortillas, habla espanol, sus ante pasados eran Mexicanos.. Oscar is American in nationality but of Mexican descent.. Dulorme while he might be a naturalized Puerto Rican was not born there and is of Dominican descent. Its just a fact get over it already!!!!
                  It don't matter what the reason was. Mexican claimed Napoles more than they claimed Oscar. It don't matter cuz' of jealousy or who he beat up or whatever.

Mexicans claimed Mantequilla more than they claimed Oscar. Only Chicanos claimed Oscar while really not knowing how beloved Mantequilla was in Mexico during his heyday.

And, no one is denying that fact. If Dulorme wants to represent Puerto Rico becasue there is where he was raised. While Puerto Ricans want to claim cuz' of it. It is totally fine. And, you need to get over that already.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    It don't matter what the reason was. Mexican claimed Napoles more than they claimed Oscar. It don't matter cuz' of jealousy or who he beat up or whatever.

Mexicans claimed Mantequilla more than they claimed Oscar. Only Chicanos claimed Oscar while really not knowing how beloved Mantequilla was in Mexico during his heyday.

And, no one is denying that fact. If Dulorme wants to represent Puerto Rico becasue there is where he was raised. While Puerto Ricans want to claim cuz' of it. It is totally fine. And, you need to get over that already.
                    Hey dumb ass!! Where you around when Napoles was fighting? You aint even Mexican JROSALES13, You are central Amercian, so what made you an expert on what Mexicans do or do not? I just told you my father grew up watching Napoles and he explained what people felt in Mexico.. Oh and my father was born and raised in Mexico dumb ass!! No one cares if Dulorme wants to be Puerto Rican or not. He can claim whatever he wants.. But the truth is, he is not born there and has no Puerto Rican descent.. But whatever if people want to be ignorant, then so be it!!!

Comment

why is this even an issue now? did he recently spark a mexican out or something? we've known for a while that he wasn't pr per se, so why is this being brought up? all the while being called a hype job? que, le tienen mideo? cause he looks like baby ray robinson?
                      Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X