Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miss Bala

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched El Infierno! Bad ass narco movie! Them paisanos don't phuck around!

As for Miss Bala... My homie said its O.k. He will pass it on to me this weekend. Hope it delivers

Comment

Seen it

It's ok it's no doubt an artistic and brutal look at the lives of cartel members (with one unlucky girl at wrong place at the wrong time right in the middle) done in a semi documentry fashion.

It's no "El Infierno" that movie was a masterpiece no doubt the best movie of 2010 imo but while miss bala can't touch it you still have to respect the matter of fact fashion that Miss Bala was filmed in since it pulls no punches but I would not call it an entertaining film in the classical sense because there are many moments of "SILENCE" in this movie where you are supposed to emphasize what the Laura Guerrero character is going through if you want to endure that go right ahead and it's worth your time but bear in mind that means there is little dialogue and little to no music.

To put it in context it's done in a similar fashion (though different subject matter) to a terrorist film called "Day Night Day Night" filmed back in 2006:

just to give you an idea of what miss bala is kind of like

My suggestion: If you watch it with an open mind you may enjoy it if not you will probably hate it, either way though it's worth a view at least once.

Comment

Day Night Day Night looks G! I will look for that on Amazon or EBay!

It would be bad ass if they ever made a movie about Amado Carillo or Chalino Sanchez! Have Gael play the part and that shyt will make noise!

Comment

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
          Day Night Day Night looks G! I will look for that on Amazon or EBay!

It would be bad ass if they ever made a movie about Amado Carillo or Chalino Sanchez! Have Gael play the part and that shyt will make noise!
          A movie about Carillo or Sanchez would be awesome man i'd pay to watch either of those.

I think another interesting one would be one about the assasination of Luis Donaldo Colosio and all the conspiracies surrounding his murder.

Comment

I believe they were making a Colosio movie, but they stopped producing it. Word was that the Mexican Government stopped it! Jeez, I wonder why!?
            I agree... A movie about Colosio and the people responsible for his murder would be epic.
            A Bio about Chalino and Amado would be sweet too! Gael would play a bad ass Chalino, and Diego Luna would be a bad ass Amado!
            I hope it happens.

Speaking of Colosio... Would you happen to know if there are any books about him and his assassination?
            I just finished reading a book called 'Down by The River' by Charles Bowden. Pretty firme. A lot of info on Amado and the Juarez Cartel. A lil' info on Colosio.

Comment

I got to check out that movie, looks good!!

Comment

Working...
              X