No announcement yet.

Karl Place: The Manchester Mexican

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
    Karl Place grew up watching boxing in an era where the Mexican warriors reigned supreme. With no regard for defence and thumping bodyshots, it's no surprise that Barrera is the 23 year old's role model.

Since turning pro in 2008, Place has made steady progress and was undefeated before an encounter with Steve Williams in a title eliminator for the British light-welterweight title last December. Going in to the fight with a win over Michael Grant and a record of 15 wins, 8 coming within the distance - Place was confident of victory. However, Williams had other ideas and after bossing around Place from the opening bell he managed to stop the Manchester boxer in just 2 rounds. At 5ft11, Place is big for the weight and a move up to the 147lb division seems likely.

He takes on tough journeyman, Vinny Woolford, on the undercard of Saturday's fight featuring Brian Rose against Max Maxwell.
    blown out in 2? never seen him before but tough loss. and he fights this saturday? you think boxnation or sky sports will televise it? if so i'll try looking out for a stream. anyways, good luck to him.

are you a fan of his btw? or you just post this cause you think he might gather some fans in here or gain some interest.

Comment

hes always been generous with their media.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        hes always been generous with their media.
        oh, well i wasn't sure. not that i have anything against him being here, he's welcomed, anyone is, but i mean the only time i've seen him in the this lounge is in this thread.

Comment

I'm not a fan of his as such, I have a little interest in him and I thought I'd share him with the Mexicans of this forum. There is a possibility his fight will be televised, if so I'll post a video here.

Not sure what ' generous with their media ' means?

I'm not proclaiming Place to be the next big thing out of Britain, he's not considered a top prospect over here. He's just a 23 year old kid who's idol is Barrera, embraces the Mexican fighting style and can be in some entertaining fights in the future.

I do post elsewhere in this forum.

Comment

Working...
          X